Thread: A word of warning if you upload to youtube...

Default A word of warning if you upload to youtube...

This is a big word of warning if you upload to youtube . it can become corrupted or lost ! Heres how:

I recently posted a thread describing how there was sometimes important differences between supposedly identical formats...Ie in my case saving as avchd is not as good as mt2s...well, heres another example of a BIG hidden trap with M2ts or whatever its called....

I made a video , saved as m2ts, uploaded it a YEAR ago and it played perfect and got 700 odd views straight away . It was 7 minutes long..I made another the same.
    This week youtube lists them as 14 mins long and plays them half speed. Nothing I can do about and they are both knackered. Luckily I can find the project files (I think ) and re save them as avchd in corel and I'm 90% sure they will work.
    Heres the link if you don't believe me...doesn't make for good watching especially for me. I will post the solution in avchd if and when I get it going.
    alex sally
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fEnqrJ_D6M&hd=1]YouTube - ‪red kite feeding frenzy with Alex Sally in Wales‬‎[/ame]

Blog Entries

I always consider youtube etc as a means of distribution, but certainly not storage. You're at the mercy of the service provider. I try and keep my video in 3 seperate locations...