Thread: Final Cut Question

Default Final Cut Question

Hello,

I'm using final cut express and one of my clients asked me to create a video using these effects:

It seems like they are all text based effect and I'm wondering what system they are done on.

Cheers,
    BFB

Blog Entries

I would suggest that it's After Effects. I can't see how some of the effects could have been done in Boris.

Default Type of Effect

Thanks Rob,

If it is After Effects does anyone know which effect it is? I know I've seen the effect on dozens of commercials.

Cheers,
    BFB

This could be (Adobe) After Effects or it could be (Apple) Motion too.

By 'Effect' what do you mean? If you were hoping to type in some text, call up and 'effect' at the click of a button and have it produce that video then you will be very disappointed.

Lots of work went in to that. In some case each word has multiple 'behaviours' added and layered to make the end result. It's not something you are going to do in an hour, let alone a couple of clicks of the mouse.

Its not a bunch of out of the box effects. David's bang on the money with After effects and motion. you'd be able to achieve these effects with either of those programs without much deifficulty. just a fair amount of pre-planning and patience.

Alot of them are actually achievable in final cut using keyframing. motion and after effects simplfy the process for you. start by watching the motion tutorials disk that came with fcp studio. you'll soon get the hang of it.

video production newcastle

Default Thanks for the Input

Thanks for the input, guys. I've been avoiding motion and after effects but it looks like the time has finally come to take a crack at them.

Cheers,
    BFB

This is definitely after effects...
    Is see effects from video copilot (twitch).
    And then there is the 3d animation which isn't beginners stuff.

So i you never used after effects i'd suggest that you take a look at VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professionals and search for project tutorials which you can use.
    Sometimes there are also project files included. That makes it a lot easier and less time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieson View Post
    This is definitely after effects...
    Is see effects from video copilot (twitch).
    And then there is the 3d animation which isn't beginners stuff.

So i you never used after effects i'd suggest that you take a look at VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professionals and search for project tutorials which you can use.
    Sometimes there are also project files included. That makes it a lot easier and less time consuming.
    ....and then subscribe to Lynda.com for a month ($25) and you can watch the entire After Effects and Motion Tutorials there too....

Default Multi-Clip Editing

In FCP, when you are multi-cam editing, is there a way to tell it to add a cross fade every time you switch cameras? I shouldn't have to go in and add them manually for every camera switch I make. Does anyone have a solution?