Thread: A-B Editing Premier Pro

Default A-B Editing Premier Pro

Gang,

I need a little help from a Pro here... I setup my machine with Premier Pro over the weekend and found that I have misplaced my Premier 6.0 disc. With that in mind, I have a wedding video that I need to edit and it's a 2 camera shoot during the cermony.

I need to know if anyone can help me with using the take command between the A-B tracks which are now Video 1 (Primary) and Video 2 which is a superimpose track.

Is it me or did Adobe just really screw me by taking out the A-B editing mode???

Anyway, any help would be really appreciated...

Miguel

Blog Entries

Is there a specific reason why you want A/B editing? What are you trying to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Is there a specific reason why you want A/B editing? What are you trying to do?
    I'll start by saying that I think that I've found a "kludgy" way way of doing this however here is the gist.

I've got a wedding shot on 2 cameras where the primary shot it from my roving camera and is from the front of house. The 2nd shot or B roll footage is from a tripod mounted camera in the back of the house.

I've typically laid both tracks on Vid 1a and Vid 1b in Premier 6.0 and used the Take command to cut between both shots.

What I've found which I'm not used to so it's driving me nuts is to use Video 2 for my primary camera shot, video 1 for b-roll and scrub the video video using the I command and O followed by ; to cut out parts of the main shot to let the b-roll through.

I've also played with the idea of re-sizing the tracks to 50% and shifting them to the left and right on the monitor so that I can view both sources at the same time (simlar to the split screen effect that we spoke about a few weeks ago.)

If you have a better way, please let me know.