Thread: Transparant

Default Transparant

Hi, im new to vegas and hope im posting this in the right section...

Im almost their to succeed in what i want to design but... every program ( photoshop,swishmax, has transparant background option. But Sony vegas the biggest program of them all only has white and black option..

I tried chaning Alpha blend overlay all not what i want... Basically i just want the words animated in later on when i have a complex video i want to render it transparant so it fits transparent on my html page. heres an image :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The gray must get out, i dont want the border lines to be seen! please help...

p.s yes iv done brushing over the video in flash but i just want it to be transparent by default.

Thanks in advance!

On sony vegas pro 9

As far as I know you have to have some sort of background colour. It is a video editing program not a photo/graphics program. You can have text with a transparent background but this will render as black if you don't put another background under it.

Hope this answers your question.

Ok, so i guess i have to gonna brush it in flash to get rid of the borders. and get the perfect blending option together :(

As with anything in a Pro Package like Vegas, you get to the option to add the type rendering you need. Apart from the Uncompressed option (saving the Alpha Channel) that already comes with Vegas, you can also use MOV and save the Alpha too. Personally I use the Lagarith CODEC and save the Alpha.

Vegas is a powerful tool - getting/gaining the knowledge on how to add what you want is your next step.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Personally I use the Lagarith CODEC and save the Alpha.

Vegas is a powerful tool - getting/gaining the knowledge on how to add what you want is your next step.
    Can you give a tutorial on it ? And can i get this transparent result...

Left is photoshop file, right is in dreamweaver.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us