Thread: Huge problem when rendering videos.

Default Huge problem when rendering videos.

right, im making a movie for a game i play, and i record my clips, i change my resolutions to 1280x720. in the preview video my movie looks perfect. see picture > Imageshack - render1v.png

The settings i render in > Imageshack - render2d.png

And when i render my videos, this is what happens > this also happens all the way throughout the movie, and the bars dont stay at the bottom etc like preview does, also all flashes i put (solid white colour flashes) appear as a square just like on that above picture. Imageshack - render3g.png

It looks like you are putting a 4:3 video over a 16:9 image. Your project setting is 720 x 480 and the final render is 1280 x 720 so try putting the aspect ratio setting from square pixel to 16:9 widescreen in the render options.

I'm not saying this will work for you but could solve one of your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    It looks like you are putting a 4:3 video over a 16:9 image. Your project setting is 720 x 480 and the final render is 1280 x 720 so try putting the aspect ratio setting from square pixel to 16:9 widescreen in the render options.

I'm not saying this will work for you but could solve one of your problems.
    dont know how to change that, but the image size is square when i render it, and it doesnt fill the video size, its just a sqare on the screen instead of a full screen flash on my preview,

I think things are getting over complicated because of the different settings you are doing eg. You say you change the resolution to 1280 x 720 but the project settings in your first picture shows them to be 480 x 720. So I'm confused by this statement.

Have you tried ticking the option box of "Stretch video to fill output frame size" This may help. I feel I'm struggling with what to say to help as I'm not fully sure of all your clip properties and other settings but a problem like this is usually just a question of matching all the different settings so they are the same.