Thread: convert to 2x speed?

Default convert to 2x speed?

I've recorded a screen capture session and would like to convert it so that it runs at 2x speed although the user is playing back at 'normal'.

I tried tweaking the frame rate (record at 20 fps and convert to 10 fps) but that does not seem to actually effect the speed in any way.

Is there a known method for doing this or maybe specific terminology for recoding at 2x that would help me zero in on how to do it?

What software are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    What software are you using?
    I'm using MS Encoder 4 Pro for the screen capture which I can then dump to wmv. I don't have a high end editor but own Roxio VideoWave (2009) and would like to drop the captured wmv in the storyline, then lay in a separate audio track.

If I have to buy a decent editor (under $250) I would. But, if it is too expensive or too involved, I'd just add an intro that suggests that the viewer use 2x playback. (It's a series of training vids.)

Ultimately I'd compile to wmv or avi because users are 'corporate' folk who know nothing beyond media player.

Just as a follow up that make be helpful to others, I did find a setting in VideoWave. Simply double click the clip in the storyboard view which opens it for setting in/out markers. Just below that is a setting for speed. I set mine to 1.25 and it works out pefectly.