Thread: Award-winning short shot on the RED camera

Default Award-winning short shot on the RED camera

I wanted to share my last film with everybody. It's a short viral-ad style action film. It was the first film I shot with a crew, over two days in October last year (editing took a little longer!)

It's recently picked up an award for best cinematography at the Roots to Shoots film competition and people on YouTube seem to be enjoying it. Any feedback, positive or negative, would be much appreciated.

Thanks! Jon

Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Blog Entries

... phew. Well - I can see why it's won awards. Very slick, wonderful changes in pace, beautifully subtle soundtrack, particulary early when there's just a hint of tyre squeal under the music, terrific colour, terrific depth of field.... I could go on but whats the point.

We all knew of course the goal would be scored in the end but I was almost with the guard when it came.

Yeah. Tip top. Love it.

Thank you very much, really nice to get that kind of feedback - I think that's probably the best review it's had!
    I'm really glad you like it. If you do get the option to give it a thumbs up or a comment or whatever that would be much appreciated as I'm trying to get some viral style momentum behind it - facebook and twitter are even better.
    Are you in the UK? Would be really good to work with a crane op at some point - I wanted to use one on this film actually but couldn't find anyone. They really add a lot of production value if used sparingly and thoughtfully

Great looking shots to be expected from a red camera. It's good to see you have a narrative to the movie, it makes it so much more watchable than just seeing someone climbing and jumping over this and that.

Great job but what was your job in the movie.

I was the producer/director... which by default makes me the promoter/distributer as well!
    Hehe, after you wrap your production crew abandon you, and after you render your post production crew do too!

yes thats a viral ( I think), and look at the stats and data on the tube, well done.

not sure what a viral really is, had a US tuber say to me 100.000 views in a month is viral activity, how the hell some content just takes off is beyond belief and never really explained.

nice editing and movement in the video
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video

Awesome vid - loved it!
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes -

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Ooh, Shiny! How's that for positive feedback. First time with a crew, that must have been fun. Awesome!
    Ryan AKA rgander1 AKA "the videobloggoligist"