Thread: The New HXR-MC50E

1. Default The New HXR-MC50E

Hello for a while i've being looking for a camcorder that is in my price range but is also professional and good. Just recently sony brought out the HXR-MC50E and i wanted to know if anyone knows about wether this camera is good or not and theirs no actual reviews at the moment.

Thanks
    When the pin is pulled mr grenade is not your friend but when the handle flys off he definitely hates you

I'd like to help you but it seems no one has got there hands on one of these cameras yet. I'm sure it will produce a nice image but as to calling it a "Pro" camera. I didn't see enough manual buttons, knobs etc to really call it a pro camera but they are saying it's got some nice spec.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I'd like to help you but it seems no one has got there hands on one of these cameras yet. I'm sure it will produce a nice image but as to calling it a "Pro" camera. I didn't see enough manual buttons, knobs etc to really call it a pro camera but they are saying it's got some nice spec.
    Well im not sure wether basically is one of their consumer camcorders with a few attachments on stuck on and the price highered. Also it records in 50i is this a bad thing and will my videos turn out worser than progressive? Thanks
    When the pin is pulled mr grenade is not your friend but when the handle flys off he definitely hates you

I think that depends on what you will be viewing the final video on ie DVD on a TV, Computer monitor etc.

You can also deinterlace a video in post. Also, if a camera shoots 50i it usually shoots 25p as well. I remember when I was looking for my next camera after using a Panasonic GS200 for years, it took me ages to eventually take the plunge and I went way over budget. So I'm not the best to talk about cameras.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think that depends on what you will be viewing the final video on ie DVD on a TV, Computer monitor etc.

You can also deinterlace a video in post. Also, if a camera shoots 50i it usually shoots 25p as well. I remember when I was looking for my next camera after using a Panasonic GS200 for years, it took me ages to eventually take the plunge and I went way over budget. So I'm not the best to talk about cameras.
    Well alot of my footage would be uploaded on youtube but i wouldn't mind viewing it on my tv as well. And does deinterlacing decrease picture quality or anything?

And also theirs no progessive modes on the specs here Sony : HXR-MC50E (HXRMC50E) : Technical Specifications : United Kingdom

In theory no quality loss should be gotten from deinterlacing. I presume the none progressive mode is a way for Sony to keep the price down.