Thread: Soft looking finished piece - what can I do?

Default Soft looking finished piece - what can I do?

Howdy. I've just finished a corporate film Ive made. It was shot on a Sony HV1 and edited with vegas 9. It looks perfect when I watch it in the preview screen, but when I've burned it to dvd it looks soft and the colours are faded. Am I doing something blatently wrong here?
    Also, and I've never used dvd architect 4.5 before (and Im struggling) how do I add chapters? Do I do it before I send the finished film to architect or can it be done once its there?

Thanks.

Which render setting are you using to create the MPEG2 for the DVD? Are you using one of the mainconcept templates?

You can create chapter points in Vegas by using the 'M' key (for marker) where you want them. Then make sure the 'include markers' box is ticked when you render. (It should be ticked by default in V9). Once into DVDA, right click on the file and select 'insert scene selection'. DVDA will then ask you how many chapters per page you want, then create a plain menu with all the navigation buttons needed.
    You can then replace the backgrounds/buttons etc as you want.

You can also use the same 'M' key method in DVDA on the timeline there.

Just noticed on one of your other posts that you're not using Vegas Pro 9. The above may be different in Platinum.