Thread: Advice Needed: Best Video Editing Software

Default Advice Needed: Best Video Editing Software

I will soon own a Lenovo IDeal Pad Y560 Laptop with 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333 MHz and an I7 Quadcore Processor (1.60 GHz 1333 MHz 6 MB).

In addition, I have a Cannon Vixia HG21 for home use (capture kids events).

What are good Video Editing softwares for home use with my system (AVCHD format). I am in no way going to use for professional quality videos.

I am need of opinions!!!!

Thanks!!!

I have yet to find a program that doesn't have some problems with AVCHD, including the professional ones, in fact when it comes to the output from them all there is nothing between the most expensive and the cheapest if you are doing straight forward edits and transitions and just adding titles.

You will find plenty of free trials to test on your 24Mbps AVCHD MTS files, but my favorite is Corel Video Studio Pro X3, it's not perfect but does do very good AVCHD 1920x1080i videos, it is only when you want to make a DVD that I have issues with it, so my work around is to make the highest quality 1920x1080i video and then convert it to mpeg2 with Koyote Soft free video converter, then to author it to a DVD you could use Corel again but preferably an authoring program that doesn't re-encode the mpeg2 like TMPGEnc DVD Author, or a freeware program like DVD Flick if you instruct it not to re-encode.

Bryan

3. Default

I sujest "adobe programs" or "edius". both support avchd and both are easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by spido View Post
    I sujest "adobe programs" or "edius". both support avchd and both are easy to use.
    I've since changed my editing program to Magix Movie Edit Pro 17 Plus, it uses Main Concepts encoding same as Premiere, but at a very reasonable cost for the program. it still has 99 tracks and will allow any track to be anything you want it to be video, audio, title, still, what ever you drop on a track in just about any format it seems able to accommodate it, it's great for editing together various video formats in most resolutions and not crashing.