Thread: what's wrong with this footage..@3min58sec

Default what's wrong with this footage..@3min58sec

Someone looked at one of my vids

and someone posted this comment....

"If you look at some of the faster scenes, like the flying eagle (3min 5 and pause the video, you can see two separate images at once, the eagle and a "ghost". This happens whenever something moves fast in the scene"

thing is, they're right... I answered its a consequence of camcorders shooting 25fps?
    firstly is that right?
    secondly, what can I do about it? or is the answer not to shoot fast moving stuff?

thanks
    alex

Hi Alex

Are you uploading the original interlaced video to you-tube, or are you making a progressive version, either way it could be doing a merge from the 2 separate fields that make up the frames of the 25fps video, see if you have the option to de-interlace and see if that fixes it.

Bryan

bryan,
    mm, think you might be right the original plays fine... do you know how to de-interlace on corel vs pro x3? tried doing it upper field and frame based?
    alex

Alex, I used to be able to de-interlace in Pro X2 but know in Pro X3 I keep getting the massage "the codec can't compress at this frame size".

This was how I used to do it, I would select custom settings and then Microsoft avi and then in options select ffdshow and in that you can de-interlace but at the moment things have gone pear shaped, I just don't know what has gone wrong.

I still can't see why using "frame based" doesn't de-interlace at the same time, I didn't think it merged fields, but maybe Pro X3 does, some one out there might read this and be able to enlighten me.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by alexleominster View Post
    I answered its a consequence of camcorders shooting 25fps?
    firstly is that right?
    secondly, what can I do about it? or is the answer not to shoot fast moving stuff?

thanks
    alex
    I think you are partly right but you can try a faster shutter speed which may help. The progressive artifact you get (double image) could be a rendering problem. If, as you say, you don't see it on the original footage, you could try changing the field order to lower field first. Try experimenting with a small section to see what works best.

Quote Originally Posted by wandering-free View Post
    Alex, I used to be able to de-interlace in Pro X2 but know in Pro X3 I keep getting the massage "the codec can't compress at this frame size".

This was how I used to do it, I would select custom settings and then Microsoft avi and then in options select ffdshow and in that you can de-interlace but at the moment things have gone pear shaped, I just don't know what has gone wrong.

Bryan
    I have now found the fault, I downloaded the latest version of,
    ffdshow_rev3476-20100615-clsid.exe
    and it all works again with Pro X3 but still have to convert the PCM sound to AAC in Super C, but now I can do the 1280x720P at 8Mbps for download to Vimeo and Youtube again.

Bryan