Thread: SV 7 Overlapping clips

Question SV 7 Overlapping clips

Hey guys,

I'm all new to this video-editing stuff and I have a little problem, so I hope you can help me with that.

I want to overlap two clips in Sony Vegas 7.0.
    How can I overlap these two so both clips are showed at the same time as I play the video?
    I've tried to put each clip on it's own track, didn't work.
    I've tried to overlap them on the same track but that did't turned out the way I like it either...
    I've tried to mess with the level but I don't like the way it turned out. As I saw, the level messes with the brightness of the clip and I don't want that, I want both clips to have full brightness otherwise you can't see a goddamn thing, soo.....

I've attached some screenshots for each of the situations I've mentioned earlier, hope it helps...

I hope ya'll know what I'm saying here... I'm not that good at english, so...
    whoever it is that can give me the answer to my problem will be loved forever!

take care!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

I'm confused about the effect you are trying to create, do you have a video link to a website like YouTube containing an example of the effect you are trying to achieve?

How can I overlap these two so both clips are showed at the same time as I play the video?

I think he is looking for PIP or 50% transparency

I'm sorry my first post was a bit confusing... I hope this one will clear some things up.
    Here I have a Youtube amv made about Naruto that inspired me to make such an amv myself.

at 0:40, 0:59 and 1:33 you can see three examples of the effect that I'm trying to create. two clips shown at the same time, overlapping each other. I know I can get a similar effect when I change the level of each track form 100% to 50% but that would change the brightness as well and I want both clips to be clearly visible.

I really appreciate that you're willing to help me ^-^

Once you have placed a second video track above the original, reduce the opacity of the top track to around 25-50% but not the bottom one, leave the bottom track at 100%. This will show the bottom track through the top one. You can set the opacity to what ever you think is right for your project.