Thread: Canon XH-A1 Dirty Heads??

1. Default Canon XH-A1 Dirty Heads??

The camera is not reading any of my recorded tapes. At first there was no time code. Now there is, and when I press play all I get is a blue screen and the time starts but gets stuck after two seconds. I am wondering if this is a problem with dirty heads. I have ordered a tape cleaner but I won't have it for another two days or so.

Blog Entries

Sounds like it. Try to get the same make of head cleaner as the tapes you use (you do only use one brand of tapes I hope) and DO NOT use it for more than ten seconds at a time.

Hello. The same situation: I recorded some Sony HDV-63min cassettes (5) and cassette 1 and cassette 3 don't work. The same blue screen, the same tc error. But, if I use fastforward on image (play then push ffw), the image appears. I try to fix it at Sony, but they said it is a cassette problems. Cassettes are not under warranty, so I loose all images. I used over 200 Sony Premium cassettes (HDV and DV), some of them with over 7 recordings, and I didn't have any problems. I got this problems only on 2 Sony HDV-63min cassettes.