Thread: Help me with filming tree bark (lighting)

Question Help me with filming tree bark (lighting)

I have this piece of bark beetles bored holes through and I need to show that so I was thinking on for 1 mounting my camera on a homemade wheelpod/track and 2 building a light-bright type of enclosure on the back. Possibly with some tape and cloth, then put a light far behind it with the cloth almost touching the light but I also need to light the bark side as well just have overpowering light holes without glare. I have a 500w halogen or two, and some 300w 500k CFLs and one 500w CFL (CFLs are 5000k)

I don't want to mess up the white balance what should I make of this situation?

It has to be BRIGHT because without changing angles on the bark besides rolling across it u can not see directly through the holes.

On an angle:
    Last edited by PinkFloydEffect; 07-17-2010 at 11:50 PM.
    Why am I an editor? ...because I'm a bad filmer!
    ☮ ♫ ☾ ☆ ☼ ☯ ~ Live Long & Prosper

Blog Entries

It depends how it's going to fit in with the rest of the footage. That's the most important consideration in a documentary. You've got to think... What comes before and after, and how long is the sequence?

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    It depends how it's going to fit in with the rest of the footage. That's the most important consideration in a documentary. You've got to think... What comes before and after, and how long is the sequence?
    Duration 5 seconds, after it will be a shot of the infected branch on a rotisserie speed lathe, 5-10 sec duration. Before it will be a few stills of the beetle itself.
    Why am I an editor? ...because I'm a bad filmer!
    ☮ ♫ ☾ ☆ ☼ ☯ ~ Live Long & Prosper