Thread: Pop-up text bubbles ?

Default Pop-up text bubbles ?

I'm a beginner user with the following software: Vegas 5.0, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop

I want to make pop-up cartoon bubbles with text in them on a video (like Pop-up video on VH1).

What is the easiest (and quickest) way to make them?
    I've tried and I'm hitting a wall on this as I need the least complicated way to make them.

I have absolutely no idea (good start, right?) but could you create them in Photoshop and overlay them on your video timeline? That sounds so obvious, I imagine you've tried it.
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Blog Entries

Easiest way: create an image with alpha transparency and import to Vegas. Search the forums for a detailed method of creating images with alpha mattes / transparency.

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/search.php

Thank you very much. The forum is a great resource!

Cheers
    Specs: Sony Vaio, Pentium(R) 4, CPU 2.4GHz, 1 GB of RAM, 80GB root drive, 250GB second drive

Software: Sony Vegas 5.0, Adobe Premiere 6.0, Adobe After Effects 5.5, Adobe CS 8.0, Adobe Encore 1.0, Adobe Audition 1.0, Sound Forge 7.0, Ulead DVD MovieFactory, Giga Pocket, DVD Architect 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ian in Northampton
    I have absolutely no idea (good start, right?) but could you create them in Photoshop and overlay them on your video timeline? That sounds so obvious, I imagine you've tried it.
    The only thing I'm trying to get down quickly is getting only the image to overlay on the main video. I've made my text balloons and now I just want to insert them on my video. I wanted to find the easiest, quickest method from someone who may have went through all the trials and tribulations.
    I have many different size text ballons to insert.
    Thanks again for such a great resource.
    Specs: Sony Vaio, Pentium(R) 4, CPU 2.4GHz, 1 GB of RAM, 80GB root drive, 250GB second drive

Software: Sony Vegas 5.0, Adobe Premiere 6.0, Adobe After Effects 5.5, Adobe CS 8.0, Adobe Encore 1.0, Adobe Audition 1.0, Sound Forge 7.0, Ulead DVD MovieFactory, Giga Pocket, DVD Architect 2.0