Thread: Looking for the Right software to swap ads out

Default Looking for the Right software to swap ads out

Hi,
    I want to be able to shoot a video as my main content. Then, I want two separate ads, also videos--one to go at the beginning and one to go at the end. So, I now have three videos. What I want to know is what software should I be using (if such a thing exists!) so that I can easily swap my ads in and out? I might use Ad D first with Content B and have Ad G at the end. Then, a week later, I might want to use Ad F at the beginning and have Ad K at the end. Is there any such software that will allow me to easily move ads in and out of a video like this?

Thanks so much!

Oh, and if it makes a difference, I use a Mac. I have screenflow and Final Cut Pro, but I'm hoping there's some software that will make this more of an automated, easy process (like, Drop your first ad in here, put your content video here, now put your last ad here). Am I asking for the moon? :)

Thanks,
    Lara

2. Default

Well....why don't you make sequences in FCP and each sequence is your edited advert.

Then when you want to compile a complete video just make a new sequence and drop the content of each of the other ad sequences into the main one each week.

Make sense?

Yes, makes sense, but will I have to re-render this every time I do this? Thanks!

If you don't want to re render every week it sound more like a website/media playing programing option that needs to be looked at. I'm not a programmer so I can't help. I think ccn.com and similar sites play an advert before the main video clip. So may be if you look at there site source files you may get a better idea.

5. Default

EH? There is no re-rendering because you would have already rendered the file to completion in each sequence.

The act of combining sequences does NOT mean you have to re-render every single item.

Yes you would have to export the file each time but that's the price you pay.

It's a very simple method of lining up videos to play in a website. But the question is what is your final medium to display the videos? is it played on a plasma screen TV in a reception area? if so what software drives it currently?

Good points Bigben, I hadn't even thought of it being anything other than a website.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    What I want to know is what software should I be using (if such a thing exists!) so that I can easily swap my ads in and out? I might use Ad D first with Content B and have Ad G at the end.
    The technical jargon is Prerolls, Postrolls and Overlays. Take a look at AdSolution | LongTail Video | Home of the JW Player.

Default Thanks!

Thanks SO much to each one of you. You got me started in the right direction and educated me enough where I knew what to go looking for! I finally found what I was looking for: A plugin for flowplayer that will easily allow ads to be put before, mid, and after: DFP plugin.

http://flowplayer.org/plugins/advert...equesting.html

Just thought I'd share this here in case anyone else was looking for something similar!

Thanks,
    Lara