Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Compaq Presario C700 Keyboard Replacement

Default Compaq Presario C700 Keyboard Replacement

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrUp-ZIUAwo]YouTube - Compaq Presario C700 Keyboard Replacement[/ame]
    Why am I an editor? ...because I'm a bad filmer!
    ☮ ♫ ☾ ☆ ☼ ☯ ~ Live Long & Prosper

2. Default

Maybe I should make a video like this on how to make beans on toast...

Quote Originally Posted by bigben654321 View Post
    Maybe I should make a video like this on how to make beans on toast...
    ? It wasn't made for entertainment it was made for retards that don't know how to replace a keyboard...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydEffect View Post
    ... made for retards that don't know how to replace a keyboard...
    Two points.

Firstly, I don't know how to replace a keyboard and I am not a retard. Call me that in person and I'll rip your head off.

Secondly, watch your reflection. I don't know why you decided to replace your keyboard in the nude but either (a) wear black or (b) go to the gym. Thin half-naked nerds refected in the screen are a no-no.

5. Default

I could also call someone a retard for not knowing how to replace a capacitor on a motherboard...however I keep such thoughts to myself.

And Braveheart...please don't threaten violence over the internet. It:

1) Is Pointless
    2) Makes you look silly
    3) And it lowers the value of these fourms

Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    Two points.

Firstly, I don't know how to replace a keyboard and I am not a retard. Call me that in person and I'll rip your head off.

Secondly, watch your reflection. I don't know why you decided to replace your keyboard in the nude but either (a) wear black or (b) go to the gym. Thin half-naked nerds refected in the screen are a no-no.
    I'm 5' 6" and very muscular for my height. I'm not a nerd you donkey I go out and climb trees and cut them down a mans job I don't have time for a gym. And crist sakes it's hot out like 90F I don't wear shirts.

I think it did a good job of showing the hardware replacement without using any dialogue or sub-titles. Easily comprehensible irrespective of language. bigben654321's 'Beans on toast', whilst described in jest, would similarly be as a worthy a project; adding, as it would, to the bloated YouTube libraries of instructional videos.

If at least one person finds the clip useful; then it will have served its purpose

I could not connect the lyrics and the visuals. Maybe I was getting overexcited by the climax at the end - when the new kbd finally mates with the laptop.

8. Default

Um....look what I found:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRicaS5uG9Q]YouTube - HOW TO MAKE BEANS ON TOAST[/ame]

Is there a single item youtube does NOT have an instructional video on?!? How on earth did we cope this long without all these youtube videos?!?

Youtube is my lazy form of google

10. Default

Eeeeww, why so touchy?

Having been on this forum longer than you pair of newbies let me point out a few things.

1. Referring to people as retards is insulting. It's not "done" here. I'm surprised that none of the moderators has picked you up on it. Pinky, I understand that you only did it to reply to the sarcastic comment by Bigben but it is still insulting. It is especially insulting to disabled people and those who have relatives who are "retarded".

2. This is the user vids section, it's for criticism. Having the reflection of a half-naked teenager in the monitor is a valid criticism. The fact that you refer to other users of the forum as "retards" because they can't repair a computer, results in comments about "nerds" coming your way.

3. Ben. You are also new here but already seem to take delight in being sarcastic. PinkFloydEffect posts a lot of videos, not necessarily my taste, but he does post examples of his work. Instead of threatening to make a video about preparing beans on toast, why not make constructive criticism, or start to show your videos. As Tim pointed out, if just one person finds the video useful, then it was worth it.

I've been here for three years now, normally only posting when I want feedback for a video or when I see things getting out of hand. So, how about leaving off the comments about disabled people and sarcasm towards those who actually make the effort to show their work?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Braveheart; 07-13-2010 at 08:08 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast