Thread: Hello from Jersey

Default Hello from Jersey

Hi all,

I am Jack and i play and film airsoft games to stick on youtube.

Now this is only my hobby but i wanted to pick up some hints and tips about video editing.

ATM i am very limited Hardware wise due to the lack of money but i have a custom made gun/head cam which was origanly made for the police that where on the beat.

I am new to this but have a basic understanding of all this and also hold a grade A for Media studies at a GCSE level (if that counts for anything )

If anyone has anytime to spare have a look at my Youtube Channel (Link Below) and tell me where i am going wrong XP

Thanks all

Jack

Oh sorry forgot to put the link in...

YouTube - RCJersey's Channel

3. Default

If you were to say how "Media Studies" has helped you in the practical world of making movies what would they be?

We had a chap on here a few weeks ago asking what course he should take and part of the disscussion that came up was Media Studies. So if you would not mind explaining how they have helped you...

Well at a GCSE level 90% of the course is about understanding media as in also decyphering it if you get what i mean

But for one of the tasks you have to plan, film and edit a 2 minute music video so you get to learn the basic in and outs of filming and editing

But Media Studies at A level is much more production based then understanding, for example the course i was going to go on you had 12 tasks to do all on different areas of production (filming, sound recording, speicle affects, small moives etc etc) at at the end your "test" was to make a 30 min moive about a choosen theme

Quote Originally Posted by RCJersey View Post
    If anyone has anytime to spare have a look at my Youtube Channel (Link Below) and tell me where i am going wrong XP
    I watched 2 clips.

It may depend on the kind of audience your want to appeal to.

Personally, I did not like the subject matter, had no idea of what/what/who was happening; and found them boring. But others might enjoy the realism and the long dramatic exciting scenes.

Although they demonstrate that having a cam in those conditions creates some cool looking shots; what else is indended to be achieved?

Hi Jersey boy. I haven't watched your clips, but thought I'd point out a fellow video maker in Jersey - Lawrie Stewart! Look him up. He's an old timer, but still sets 5 cameras up on his own for a shoot - I'm sure he'd be happy to help with advice.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I watched 2 clips.
    what else is indended to be achieved?
    Well it is kind of a closed target audience tbh it one of those things that can only be found intresting by the poeple who play airsoft

Well i arnt looking to be the best in the world or even the best in Jersey i was just looking for a couple of tips/hints to maybe make it more intresting to watch??