Thread: studio 9 vs liquid edition

Default studio 9 vs liquid edition

I am about to produce, film and edit my first travel/adventure series TV show on Vancouver Island in April using Canon GL-1's, Glidecam 2000 and Sony wireless microphones.
    I have compared the Matrox and Pinnacle systems and would like to use the Pinnacle system.
    Is Studio 9 with some plug-ins to low end a product to produce a high quality show? Will it author broadcast quality from MiniDV? Is the title feature comparable to TitleDeko in Liquid?
    I have seen Liquid Edition in action and love the colour correction feature and all of Liquid Editions bells and whistles.
    I can't find a head on comparison of the two products although there is a non archived seminar given last year on the Pinnacle Broadcast Forum Series..
    Any input would be appreciated.....

Default Studio 9 V Edition

the difference is really advanced features and speed of rendering. The good news is there are tons of advanced features in Liquid that make it much faster to do True Pro style Non Linear editing. If all you are doing is cuts and a few dissolves and you want to take that out to DVD, then you may be happy with Studio.

The titler is better in Edition, but having edition, I really want Title Deko Pro even over Title Deko.

If you are not sure and you are worried about spending the money, there are upgrade paths. Both packages are really good buys. The issue is not really quality, although, you do have more export paramaters in Liquid.

If you own other NLEs, there is also a discount on getting Liquid which definetly makes it worth the while. Give us a shout if you need more help.

We do sell both, you can give me a shout anytime
    all the best
    jerry h
    www.jetstreamer.com