Thread: Need advice on promoting my video services

Default Need advice on promoting my video services

Iím looking for advice on the best way to write up a general proposal for potential clients, essentially making "cold calls".

I recently moved to a small town from a large city where I had 6 years of consistent work in video editing. Now I have all my own gear to do full-scale HD productions, but I am wondering the best way to get clients.

Iím considering typing up a one page description of the company and services and just going around to local business with it. What information should I put on the proposal? Does anyone have experience doing this type of advertising?

Anyone have experience especially in approaching lawyers to produce their ads?
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

You make great videos . . . and you're thinking of advising clients how videos would be good for their business, by sending - letters?

A great showreel will/should say more about you than pages of text.
    Try emailing links to your website promos, then follow up with a phone call/visit. Alternatively, exhibit your promos at business to business exhibitions.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Default Rates

What would be a good rate for me to charge for Free-lance work? I'm a senior in high school so obviously it won't be as expensive as a professional free-lance editor. But my work is solid.