Thread: CGI Software?

Default CGI Software?

Just as Vegas is one of the top leading video editors, who makes the best CGIs? Or is it a plugin I can get for Vegas?
    Why am I an editor? ...because I'm a bad filmer!
    ☮ ♫ ☾ ☆ ☼ ☯ ~ Live Long & Prosper

I don't know them all, but the three applications I have played with in the last 18 months are:

(1) "After Effects". Expensive and not fully 3d. Trial version available.
    (2) "3d Max". Expensive (Autodesk - 2D and 3D Design and Engineering Software for Architecture, Manufacturing, and Digital Entertainment). Trial version available.
    (3) "Blender" (blender.org - Home). Free.

One that I have not tried is "Maya", also from autodesk (Autodesk - 2D and 3D Design and Engineering Software for Architecture, Manufacturing, and Digital Entertainment).

As far as I can see, they can all do the same basic things; but have widely different advanced features.

I have a feeling they will be extremely complicated to use. I just need a few scenes for a documentary I might be able to find someone that will do them for me. Thanks for the info

If noone can help; and if you become close to abandoning your project; please let me know; however I do not have the skills to create 'Avatar'.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    If noone can help; and if you become close to abandoning your project; please let me know; however I do not have the skills to create 'Avatar'.
    Thanks! I will keep you posted, I need to animate two trees and their roots growing together tangling underground.