Thread: DVD Architect Pro constantly "opening media..."

1. Question DVD Architect Pro constantly "opening media..."

Hi everyone,

I have a DVD Architect Pro 5 project with lots of videos, audio files, menus with background video playing, etc etc.

It seems like every 5 minutes DVD Architect Pro suddenly freezes up and when I look at it, the lower left hand corner of the status bar says, "Opening media..." with a progress bar.

Because of the amount of media files in my project, this usually takes a good long 2 minutes each time!

An image should be attached to this post showing it opening media files again.

Anyway, it seems to do this even when I'm not doing anything on the project.

Why is it doing this and how do I go about stopping DVD Architect Pro from constantly doing this?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anyway, it seems to do this even when I'm not doing anything on the project.

Most likely, that's exactly when DVD Architect does this -- when you're doing something other than working in DVD Architect. By default, DVDA closes its copy of the project's media files when you switch to other programs in case you're using something else to edit those media files. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to save them (in those other programs). This way, you can -- for example -- switch to Photoshop, make changes to the menu background you're using, save it, and DVD Architect will reflect those changes when you switch back.

To turn this behavior off, go to Options > Preferences > General tab and UNcheck "Media goes offline on loss of focus."

Rob

3. Smile Thanks! That was it!

Thanks Rob! That was the issue. It's because I did have Sony Vegas and other editors open.

Turning that checkbox off did the trick! Woohoo!