Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Musician looking for help on a project

Default Musician looking for help on a project

sorry I ever came to this site to ask..
    Last edited by Silent Company; 07-21-2010 at 06:16 AM.

The word on the web right now is :
    http://www.silent.company.com "Server not found".
    And, my mate Ping says "Ping request could not find host www.silent.company.com".

What is the correct URL?

erasing myself from here
    Last edited by Silent Company; 07-21-2010 at 06:17 AM.

erasing myself from here
    Last edited by Silent Company; 07-21-2010 at 06:18 AM.

Thank you for correcting the URL.

I might be interested in the project, but the requirements are not clear.
    Is the video and/or music to be generated for commercial purposes. Is there a budget? What aspect of your 'disaster' are you wanting to highlight? Do you have any original photographs or videos of the episode? Are you expecting the video to contain clips which have been ripped off other sites? Can the lyrics be downloaded? Is the video intended as a non-judgemental documentary, or a comedy, or is it intended to simply blame someone?

Whilst I support thought provoking videos on ecological issues, simply stringing together clips of car traffic, burning rigs, BP logos and oily birds is too simplistic. I might hope that the final video introduces something new to the subject.

What had you in mind?

erasing myself from here
    Last edited by Silent Company; 07-21-2010 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Company View Post
    Cant say i want to reply to all your questions, or need to.
    Lyrics haven't come in yet ...event is truely there to talk about.
    cant say where the video person will find the video, and its for fun ..but on a serious subject , obviously.

difrent levels to approaching this, I'm open to allot, but not enviting a pain in the ass either.
    The questions he asked are important. To produce a video, you need video sources and to use those sources require rights. If your concept is still at the stage where you still don't even have the lyrics, then you are premature in asking for a editing collaborator, in my opinion. Firm up your concept a wee bit beyond the bong smoke stage, so that you can at least answer the gentleman's legitimate questions.
    Last edited by worddigger; 07-08-2010 at 10:26 AM.

erasing myself from here
    Last edited by Silent Company; 07-21-2010 at 06:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Well, I'll thank TimA and Digger on behalf of people who may in the future come here without having thought through their concepts. Good advice from both of you. Sorry you wasted your time on this particular individual.

I'm pleased he's found someone who is willing to work without any frames of reference, but I suspect that "trial and error" way of approaching a concept is not likely to lead to anything which will satisfy the music maker, editor or audience.
    Tim

I have some sympathy for the original poster. Each of the components of the project are extremely easy (though time consuming). Producing music with modern software, editing pre-recorded video and uploading to YouTube requires no talent and almost no skill.

I was surprised he was upset by my questions. Their website looked pretty; and one of the videos ("Namaste's Song") appeared to deliver a serious message.

I accept that my post may have appeared as the ramblings of a doting, smug, ridiculing know-all. Even though I might have guessed the answers; I had not expected to be told "Cant say i want to reply to all your questions, or need to".

Before joining this Forum, I read the postings and saw some clips. I then removed all my existing clips off YouTube. Each had a few hits, but they only served to exhibit my lack of skill. After reading and taking advice in this Forum, I was able to upload clips which get more hits. I must have learnt some things!
    My irritation at the original poster was the apparent dismissal of advice.
    All is not lost. I am pretty sure SilentCompany will read this posting; and I am ever so pleased to have learnt the wonderful phrase "bong stage"

Thank you all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast