Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck on music choice

Default Stuck on music choice

Been editing a home movie and shot some footage at a Pitch 'n' Putt. I've been trying to think of some music to go with it but haven't come up with anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
    Pete

The question is rather vague. Similar to 'I have a recording of some pop music, what video should I add'
    What will be the purpose of the music, what budget do you have and do you intend to use the video for public viewing or commerical purposes?

It's rather a vague idea of mine. Just a home movie. It's mainly footage of putting and chipping shots. Looking to make a montage of them just for a bit of fun for friends and family. I do have a couple of good bits of audio from where the club makes contact with the ball but there's a lot of wind noise on it. I've always had problems putting music to footage when I've needed to, never know what sounds right.

I Googled Golf Music and found THIS.

How about this one if you are wearing German WW2 war uniforms,.....

Okay,. I know,....I'll get my coat...

Blog Entries

Given the light-hearted approach, I'd tend to look at cartoon/vintage comedy type music. I have a selection from SmartSound, but you have to buy that.
    Tim

Thanks for the replies.
    Think I'm going to get a couple of tracks from that LeRoy Smith album off amazon. Had a listen and they're definately the right type of thing I'm looking for, thanks Midnight Blue

Found and download the golf joke from the Vicar of Dibley which I think will add a bit of levity to the footage.

What issues are there with copyright when using music, such as from the CD posted by Midnight Blue, in regard to putting it on a home movie?

Blog Entries

Put simply, it's illegal without a licence (more accurately a selection of licences)
    If you want to remain within the law I believe the cheapest way in the UK is to join the IAC IAC - Introduction to great movie making! then buy an annual licence which allows you to sync any music bought via retail channels in the UK in any films you make during that year (membership is around 40 and the licence is around 7.
    Note this is OK for home movies and limited entries into festivals etc but probably not YouTube (negotiations are carrying on)

However, I'm sure if it is strictly home use (a) no-one is going to find out, (b) I shouldn't think anyone is going to take you to task. There again Sony BMG just might want to make an example of you.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast