Thread: Website Promo

Default Website Promo

I put together a short promo for my site

It's only 0:22, but it gets everything across I want it to.

Let me know what you think of the editing and the VO.

Blog Entries

I think it's pretty good. Sure it's somewhat generic and cliché but clichés become that for a reason - they work.
    I liked the transatlantic feel with the UK male accent.

The one thing I'd change is the line "The best video on the web" - that's at best arrogant and at worst makes you sound like all the spotty teenagers who post the "most awsome video ever" on YouTube.

A simple change to "Some of the best..." makes it more palatable (at least for this Brit)
    Tim

3. Default

I would echo Tim's thoughts on that...

I appreciate there is a scene where the URL is entered into a browser; and the name is repeated a few times; but given there are two spellings of "mold" (or "mould"); would it be useful to visually reinforce the URL a little bit more?

Just an off-topic comment about the Website. Old fashioned users, like myself, often automatically add "www." to URLs. However, "www.moldytoaster.com" does not display the homepage correctly (due to the coding of the iframes).

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I appreciate there is a scene where the URL is entered into a browser; and the name is repeated a few times; but given there are two spellings of "mold" (or "mould"); would it be useful to visually reinforce the URL a little bit more?

Just an off-topic comment about the Website. Old fashioned users, like myself, often automatically add "www." to URLs. However, "www.moldytoaster.com" does not display the homepage correctly (due to the coding of the iframes).
    Thanks for the advice.

I bought www.mouldytoaster.com and redirected it to Moldytoaster – TV for an internet generation

I also fixed the WWW problem.

nice short promo..

and seems there is a multitude of best video web sites about, personally i have had some issues with many who have had my content uploaded to their sites, then for me the fight begins in proving i am the original content producer, or put simply the copyright holder.

whats weird is often these sites try to buy me out which says to me they are more interested in the content than copyright. all too many times I am offered a sum of money to go away, but thats not what I am after.

seems like viral online video is like the wild west, and for me it come down to a shoot out to have your content removed from a site.

the other little trick i see going on is they remove the video then a week later it re-appears, not sure why this game goes on, must be money in good online content, not sure!

moldy toaster maybe you can explain to me whats going on in this environment, and how do you apply new content to your site? I would love to know.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo