Thread: smart rendering video/audio separate?

Default smart rendering video/audio separate?

Just want to confirm that when smart rendering actually works, the video and audio are processed separately. That is, if I don't touch (or only trim) either audio or video, there is no recompression. Is this right or how does this work? I've never seen any mention of what happens with audio when rendering.

Smart rendering is important for two reasons. Recompression takes a long time with Vegas on my computer and the original quality is reduced every time lossy compression occurs.

I'm trying out Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 (win for longest product name ever!!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by $roman View Post
    I'm trying out Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 (win for longest product name ever!!)
    I can't help with your question, I'm afraid, but I really think you've thrown out a challenge there!
    Tim

Smart rendering your saviour in the "i like it but!" situations.

Render video and audio separately, eg MPEG 2 and ac3
    Make notes of templates used (Important)

When corrections have to be made in the main project open it up and "save as" project name + Corrected (allows you to go back in case it all horribly goes wrong)

Make a new Video track right at the top of the Time line, drag and drop the MPEG 2 file on it and align to original video below. Make corrections to the video, either by removing bits or making adjustments to the original clips (eg title correction) make a cut in the MPEG to allow the correction to be seen below. Don't forget to trim the MPEG file if making shorter. if it just to cut bits out then make the MPEG 2 file track the SOLO track, will stop the old bits showing up if you make an error.

When it is time to render out, render with same MPEG 2 template (as above) and it should come up saying no pre-rendering required (if not check in preferences and check it is enabled), it should race along stopping where there are holes int he MPEG fie to make the new corrected bits

If the video is the same duration then no audio render is required, if it is shorter or longer then a new audio track has to rendered (no re-rendering here I am afraid), but the audio is quick.

If you use the SCRIPT "Batch Render" you can set it up and leave it to get on with it.

HOLD it the above is for Sony Vegas Pro 9e, but fear not just tried on Studio HD10 and it works, Hurray
    Last edited by Z Cheema; 07-05-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Nice to have you back Cheema!
    Tim