Thread: Stuttering, Skipping.

Default Stuttering, Skipping.

I need a bit of help, i've had this video camera(VP=mx10) for a while and every time i try to compile a few clips together, the video starts to skip at random times, i've tried Sony vegas, Adobe Premier pro, AND (reluctantly) windows movie maker..any help?

Do they clips play correctly from your hard disk before you import them into the Video editing software? I beleive that model saves the files in MP4 format.

Editing video tends to put quite a strain on computer's CPU, RAM, Disks and video cards. Have you compared your PC's specifications with the 'minimum requirements' ? Perhaps you are close to the limit.

It is possible that the MP4 format might be adding to the computer's workload. Have you tried converting the file into another format before importing it into the editing software?

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    Do they clips play correctly from your hard disk before you import them into the Video editing software? I beleive that model saves the files in MP4 format.
    Yep, they play fine, but as soon as i chuck them in some sort of editing software they begin to skip and stutter.

Editing video tends to put quite a strain on computer's CPU, RAM, Disks and video cards. Have you compared your PC's specifications with the 'minimum requirements' ? Perhaps you are close to the limit.
    3gb ram and 1.6ghz pentium dual core, shouldn't have any problems editing anything (And i can edit any other video file without stuttering, its just ones from my video camera)

It is possible that the MP4 format might be adding to the computer's workload. Have you tried converting the file into another format before importing it into the editing software?
    Hmm, haven't tired that yet. Any specific programs to look out for that can convert them to another format?

Hmm, haven't tired that yet. Any specific programs to look out for that can convert them to another format?
    Although your current software 'stutters' when editing the MP4 file, perhaps your existing software will happily allow you to export the file in another format.
    There should be no need to install any additional software.

I am not an expert in this subject, but I would be inclined to try saving it as an 'uncompressed AVI file'. Then, create a new project; and load this new AVI into your editing software.

Please let us know how you get on.