Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! Error In Burning DVD!

Default Help! Error In Burning DVD!

I'm trying to burn a DVD. I tried changing all of the qualities and lowering the kbps to try to make the videos under 4.7 GB to fit onto the disc and it will not convert the videos after 7%.

I am burning two videos. (Both are 730,000 KB)

Can someone please help me figure out what I need to do to be able to convert these videos and burn the DVD? Thank you!

Can you post the following information

1. What Software are you using

2. System Spec (Processor, Memory, Hard Disks)

3. Any specific Error Messages

Thanks
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Default Specifics

I am using Ulead VideoStudio 8.

The error code is 80041c21.

My total memory now is 65 GB, however the DVD will take up 7 GB, but only use 3.8 of the 4.7 GB on the DVD.

Default Menu Box

Is it also possible to remove/move the boxes on the menu screen? I am using a background image and want to be able to see the entire image.

I am using Ulead VideoStudio 8.

The error code is 80041c21.
    This is a generic ULead error and is usually preceded by the phrase 'failed to convert video file'. There can be many reasons for this, including a corruption in your source AVI files (I assume that you are burning straight from an AVI project). There are a couple of things you can try,

1. Before moving to the Create Disk stage, render your movie as a DVD compliant mpeg by clicking the 'Create Video File' link (if you need more details on the settings then please post back). Then try to create your disk by inserting the DVD compliant file.

2. Recapture all your footage, edit etc and return to step 1 above.

Is it also possible to remove/move the boxes on the menu screen? I am using a background image and want to be able to see the entire image.
    Not quite, but on the Menu layout screen you can click on the 'Customize' button and thereby use fewer buttons to suit your background image.

Good luck

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc

Could you possibly give me a detailed description as to how to make a DVD compliant mpeg file? I cannot find the link or tab to click this.

After I have clicked it, what else do I do and how would I put that file onto a create disc stage?

Thanks for all your help, I'm having a lot of trouble burning this particular DVD.

Thanks again.

Take the following steps

Create the DVD Complaint Mpeg File

1. Assemble your clips, transitions and audio as required

2. From the File menu select Project Properties

3. From the Edit file format: drop down box select MPEG files and click the Edit button

4. Click the Compression tab and change the Media type: to PAL DVD (or NTSC DVD if you are in North America).

5. Change the Video data rate to Variable 8000Kbps (this is the best setting to use if your total DVD is under on hour in length)

6. Click the General tab and check that the frame Rate is set to 25 for PAL (or 29.97 for NTSC).

7. Optionally you can change the aspect settings to 16:9 on this screen also.

8. Click OK and Answer OK (or Yes) to any subsequent dialogues.

9. Click the Share tab and click Create Video File then select Same as Project Settings. Enter the name of your movie in the folder of your own choosing

10. Repeat steps 1 to 9 for as many movies as you like

Burning the DVD

1. Launch Ulead Video Studio and click the Share tab

2. Click the Create Disc Button

3. Ensure that there are no files on the timeline

4. Click the Add Video button and locate your DVD Compliant mpeg file. Repeat this for as many DVD Compliant Video files as you want to put on one disk

5. Now lets check that you have the correct project settings for burning

6. Click the Other Options button (bottom left of window or press ALT-G) and select Disc template manager

7. Highlight Best Quality and click the Edit button

8. Click the COmpression tab and check that the data rate is set to Variable 8000kbps., then clcik OK

9. Click the Close buttton and continue to create your menus and so forth.

Your project should now burn successfully. If it doesn't then Marc will probably remove my moderator privelages from this particular Board.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

OK, I performed everything you told me and it created the video file. However, when I started up the Create Disc program and previewed it--the audio was running faster than the movie. When the file is separated into two parts, the audio is fine, but every time it goes into Create Disc, the audio plays about 5-10 seconds before it is supposed to. Can i fix this?

In the compression tab (for Both Project Settings and Disc Template Manger) change the audio settings to MPEG

Everything worked out once again and I changed the MPEG audio on the compression tab, and created the video file to an MPEG as well. However, afterwards the audio starts up before the movie starts playing.

Maybe something is wrong on the bottom of the screen under the audio slideshow tabs. Any advice I can do to fix this?

Sorry that this is taking me so long. I am completely new to burning DVDs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast