Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enticement if you want to repair your Land Rover

Default Enticement if you want to repair your Land Rover

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dgJWDfz01s]YouTube - Land Rover Discovery & Defender........ Trailerfitters Toolbox[/ame]

will it work? Anyway I can spice this up????

must be that good no one has critized at all,.......

3. Default

Well...

I thought it all seemed far too heavy on crossfades.
    The use of text in the video was creative at some points, title and end text was A) boring B) too small. For the title text you could have started the video with that shot of you working on the engine then keyframe the opacity down to maybe 50-40% then fade in the text to make it stand out more.

Also you made this wonderful little animation of the landrover grill and as SOON as it gets made it vanishes in a weird dissolve then jumps back again.

I thought to myself "yep, good enough for youtube but it lacks a certain slickness to it"

Here's a video from a company who are selling some training seminars for sound engineering and other stuff. See how the video is package together. It tells you who it is, who does it, what is involved and where to go.

SFL Training Programme | SFL Group

Bigben, the link doesn't work you posted unfortunately. Luckily I am not of any good standard to do anything to great due to experience and the Corel editing programe is somewhat limited,..any suggestions as to a good software programme that will give me more options for creativity?

Was this a showreel. I'm not sure what it's purpose was.

Quote Originally Posted by paulears View Post

Is it supposed to be similar to "A car is born..."?
    well not really they did a 4x4 is born and didn't really get technical although Mark Evans got it all right

...mines getting into the nitty gritty nuts and bolts stuff technical info and how to do repairs rather than trying to "raise the titanic"...

Its just a guide to home mechanics really

7. Default

Just noticed the link was dead...
    Apologies! I am not sure what happened to it.
    SFL Training Programme | SFL Group

Thanks, looked at and noted, I really should make the clip longer with more clips ....

my brief advice on this video, and i assume there is a series of videos you have on this subject is drop the 20 second title sequence, its way too long and really distracts from the content

i say this as my thoughts on youtube is if you respect the viewers time they will respect you, the biggest mistake so many tubers make is they add titles to youtube videos, on youtube think of your title as the name of your video which people will read before clicking to watch.

on the tube you literally have 10 seconds to keep your audience, thats a cold hard tube fact
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

okay its a lot like writing a CV then?.... if the interest is to be kept then the details have to be there at first?......attension lasts for 50 seconds then the titles at the end no one is interested in...I just checked the insights on this one....
    Last edited by TFV; 08-30-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast