Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first attemt

Default My first attemt

Ive only started to get interested in video since i got a go pro hd. I spent a while on movie maker just small editing etc on this. I can see loads of mistakes but happy enough for a first effort. I just want to make reasonable vids of incar footage....................here it is anyway

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deh7P0chMNM]YouTube - 27/06/10 Time Attack Round 3 - Paddy - Qualifying Time[/ame]

Blog Entries

Hi Anto.

You say you can see loads of mistakes - like what?

You've fixed a camera to the inside of the car giving a good view and then left it running for the whole circuit. There aren't any mistakes to make. You've topped & tailed it quite neatly and appropriately (no long drawn out titles).

As a memory for you and possibly as an aid to helping you analyse your driving it's fine.
    But aside from that, and possibly some friends & family, I'm afraid I can't see anyone being interested in it.

Who have you made the film for? Have you asked yourself what they would want from a film? Does this film fit the bill?
    Tim

this just in car footage i got paid to record and add a few bits of info. Its used to show there sponsors. Its not my car, i just recorded and edited it. Ive been asked to this with other cars too was unsure if i could do it so it would look worthy of getting paid a few euro for. On sunday i said feck it and tried it, brought my laptop and kept recording a few seconds on the go pro and then sticking the card in the laptop to make sure i had a good angle. Appart from showing this to sponsers the driver looks back on this to view his driving lines on track to see where he can improve

Blog Entries

I see. I can't really see what they get out of it, but good on you for getting the gig
    Tim

Wink

What the hell is that screeching? the front brake pads to the metal already?... I think you could do some outside shots of the car and especially when the boarder of the track was encrouched why wasn't there a shot of that to add to the clip.

Nothing to interesting to watch except the car going around the track.... where the driver getting out of the car, removing his helmet?....close ups of gear changes and pedal movements

top gear is a good thing to watch to see how stig is doing his track lapping.

I think there must be a standard in car videos where one sees the car wheel spinning close up, the car pulling to a stop at the end with the camera looking up at the front bumper.

You could really use your imagination on something 8 minutes long?....... wow, fell asleep at 3 minutes. make something interesting to watch..

The driver didnt want shots of pedals, he just wanted the video from that angle with the title and sponsers on the back. He bought photo's from me also. He gives each of the sponsors a disc and photo's, the photo's show there logo's on the car and the video shows he competing. He also use's the video to watch his driving lines on the track to see where he can improve on mistakes he has made. I was going to put a second camera on the driver and put that in the corner of the maind video but it wasnt wanted.

Alot of young people driving the normal road cars just want basic video on a dvd as it is cheaper. I guess its down to the person who wants the video too, they sometimes just want basic video. Over here motorsports is very low in numbers due to no one having much money and if a basic bit of footage is cheaper on a dvd they will nearly always go for that.

yeah basic video so they can sit with their steering wheels in hand in front of the telly pretending to be driving around the track? I am into off roading and the most boring videos are taking from inside the cab whilst they rumble around a course.... I like personally to see mud being thrown up from the wheels etc..

heres on I made not that interesting but its the motor sport I like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X7mWH_qHN8]YouTube - Land Rover lightweight[/ame]

Nice video, some nice angles too, 4x4 off roading is popular over here too

Quote Originally Posted by Anto Modded View Post
    Nice video, some nice angles too, 4x4 off roading is popular over here too
    It has become a massive global interest recently,...contrary to what environmentalists think. Just as an after thought, and perhaps contradictary to what some may think, the Irish accent is very interesting to listen to if it is clearly spoken in narration,...perhaps you should try it in your videos if the driver allows of course...
    Last edited by TFV; 07-02-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Thats a good idea, although most irish wouldnt understand it as its mainly more traditional parts speak the language........
    Thats maith an smaoineamh é, cé go wouldnt chuid is mó Gaeilge a thuiscint mar chuid codanna den chuid is mó níos traidisiúnta an teanga a labhairt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast