Thread: MUSICIANS ..I need a theme tune...

Default MUSICIANS ..I need a theme tune...

Any budding composers / bands want make a theme tune for my youtube channel?? Bit challenging as the age range who watch my videos range from 13 year old to 65 year olds...20% FEMALE and the rest male. Highest percentage of watchers are in my age group 40 yrs olds.....

Can't pay but credits due to anyone willing to take up a challenge???

Video set 60 videos presently gets roughly 2000 view per week.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwqnzIveZjI]YouTube - land rover tools axle split pins, taper breaking and twin spanner trick[/ame]

thing is I am using any music that I can to do my videos and some of it just isn't suitable,.. see by this ( you may well recognise the violinist in this??)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtrMmnu7K5k"]YouTube- land rover tools 200 and 300 tdi front axle drain and fill plug orientation[/ame]
    Last edited by TFV; 06-28-2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: adding material

2. Default

May I commend this excellent post by our resident Gaffa.
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/job-mar...producers.html

And say to you that the chances of finding someone willing to do something like this for FREE are pretty much slim.

It may surprise you to know that scoring music is a hell of a lot harder than people believe. And you could end up with something like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv8CqDK2_E8]YouTube - Cover of terminator 1 theme music[/ame]

Yes I "scored" it but it's absolute crap! So be wary of any so called free musician.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigben654321 View Post
    And say to you that the chances of finding someone willing to do something like this for FREE are pretty much slim.
    Whilst I agree in the main with your post, BigBen, often people will be prepared to work for free on someone elses project so long as it is a non-commercial project.

After all, most of use here make films for free (or, more accurately at great cost to ourselves) just for the sheer fun/challenge.

Thare are almost certainly many more budding composers who do the same.

If I recall correctly, TFV wants eventually to turn out commercial DVDs. This is what might put people off and maybe some sort of agreement excluding use of music for commercial purposes (thus forcing a new agreement if desired) could come into play.
    Tim

I am only looking for a youtube theme. Anything on a DVD would have to be totally different and yes, scored to suit the DVD and subject being covered.

In the video below there's a simple guitar riff with a loop made simply on an effects pedal by a guitarist sitting with a drum machine. Must admit its very funky, The workshop noises air gun running an screams I got from a video clip I was doing when our night shift were at work, they started playing up and messing about so I carried on recording and then used the noises,...nothing special, I am not a musician.

No need for a full score just a short riff that would pass the 'old grey whistle test'.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTr02--pdgo]YouTube - Land rover technical 200 and 300tdi checking turbo pipes[/ame]

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    After all, most of use here make films for free (or, more accurately at great cost to ourselves) just for the sheer fun/challenge. .
    Indeed, but there is a huge difference between grabbing a camera and making your own movie for fun, in your own time, with no pressure at all to actually finish. Then making a component for someone else's video. Because there is an expectation to deliver something.

Quote Originally Posted by bigben654321 View Post
    Indeed, but there is a huge difference between grabbing a camera and making your own movie for fun, in your own time, with no pressure at all to actually finish. Then making a component for someone else's video. Because there is an expectation to deliver something.
    Yes that is so true, Now I am doing stuff and have quite a few subscribers on youtube,... they expect me to add stuff regularly, I get requests all the time to demonstrate what they want to see obviously for free and that adds more pressure to produce constantly..

7. Default

If you are still looking for music for your videos, www.Cinephonix.com is a fantastic music library that holds their music exclusively. The composers are first rate, and are also available for commissioned work as well. Whether you provide a brief or not, they can create something to match your project perfectly. You should definitely check it out.

Good luck!

Okay I 'll check it out!

I am just starting out and would like to take up challenges like these. I am willing to supply some free music at this stage. I am in the process of updating my soudcloud page, but once I do I will post it up.