Thread: $1000 Competition..read thread ^^

Default $1000 Competition..read thread ^^

TORN intro video - $1,000 USD to be won!!!
    Read this following quote..
    Updated - June 19th 2010

Make a video about TC that can be shown to all players when they sign up! It needs to be exciting in a way that doesn't over exaggerate what TC is. You need to get them psyched and eager to play the game. It can be whatever style you think is best, that will get more players staying on the game when they sign up. It can be whatever length you think is best. We're not exactly sure what we're looking for, don't follow what everyone else does, be different, be crazy!

There is no closing date, when we find a video we’re happy with, we’ll credit that person with 2500 points and $1,000 real life cash! (You may be contacted for small adjustments first).

You should only enter if you have the knowledge and skill to make professional looking videos, it will be shown to hundreds of thousands of people. We do not want a simple tour of the site with a rap song in the background.

Upload it to YouTube and post the URL here!

Thanks!
    I have took this quote from a website named "Torn" the URL is Here

This site is legit, and makes huge profit from sales of donator pack, do not worry, they will NOT scam you, they've been around and legit for years now, i'm sure if you do some digging you'll get proof.

I know some of you pro's are able to win this..

You may be thinking, why am i telling you this? Well, you get $1000 USD and 2500 points for winning right, and whats the use of 2500 in-game points for you, considering you won't even be using them?! That's right, you have no use for them, your letting them go to waste.

I would happily take them off your hands as a reward for helping you win $1000, but IF you want to play Torn, then you can keep them, no worries about that.

To wrap this up, if you enter, goodluck, if not, unlucky

Note: you will obviously need to register an account on Torn so you can view the forum and post your URL ect ect.

The thread URL (on Torn.com): Here

Goodluck everyone.
    oh and, im no way ossociated with this competition.

Rant begins:

How odd. "There is no closing date, when we find a video we’re happy with, we’ll credit that person with 2500 points and $1,000 real life cash!" and "Upload it to YouTube and post the URL here".

May I assume the organisers have no intention of picking a winner; but hope to benefit from innocents who will waste time creating clips extolling the organisation and posting links in various online forums?

Amusingly, the link to the Forum TORN CITY: Online RPG Text Based Multiplayer Web Game can only be accessed once. Subsequent attempts redirect back to a Login page. Anyone wanting to revisit their thread (without registering and logging in) should delete their Cookie from "torn.com". Pathetic security!

I also read, "oh and, im no way ossociated with this competition" . Oh?

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    Rant begins:

How odd. "There is no closing date, when we find a video we’re happy with, we’ll credit that person with 2500 points and $1,000 real life cash!" and "Upload it to YouTube and post the URL here".

May I assume the organisers have no intention of picking a winner; but hope to benefit from innocents who will waste time creating clips extolling the organisation and posting links in various online forums?

Amusingly, the link to the Forum TORN CITY: Online RPG Text Based Multiplayer Web Game can only be accessed once. Subsequent attempts redirect back to a Login page. Anyone wanting to revisit their thread (without registering and logging in) should delete their Cookie from "torn.com". Pathetic security!

I also read, "oh and, im no way associated with this competition" . Oh?
    There isn't a closing date because I am assuming they want one they're happy with, and just don't want to pick some crap one because a good one hasn't been entered yet, basically blowing off $1000.

Honestly, if it were you running it, would you want to give $1000 to a video that's crap, purely because you set a closing date and only crap ones have entered? I'm assuming your going to say no.

If they had pathetic security, they would have been hacked, exploited and whatever else.
    They allow a preview of the forum or whatever, after that you've got to login, as for the cookies, they just don't want to use up unnecessary space in the database, so they use cookies, if someone wants to have another preview, they just delete their cookies, if they wanted to prevent this, they would..

And yeah, you read I am no way associated with the competition, because i am NOT. I just play the game.. I'm not a staff member, just a regular player.