Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modern Gods < A New Short!

Default Modern Gods < A New Short!

Hey guys here is a new film we got done recently. It's titled MODERN GODS. Anyways i hope you enjoyed and get ready for more releases this month!

FILM URL - 12 MIN

The main channel of course!
    YouTube - fcrabbath's Channel

ENJOY!
    - FC

Blog Entries

An enjoyable yarn, very well produced and acted.

I liked the technique at the beginning whre you used the movement in the background of the title sequence and mirrored that in the first shot (feet walking through door) into the second shot (rear view of man walking into cafe).

All the more surprising that there were a couple of weakpoints which stood out.

Hermes pot belly was just ridiculous.

Artemis' hand/arm position in the shots at 2:11 and immediately afterwards moves. In the first shot her hand (or possibly wrist) is resting on it, in the later shots it is almost her elbow. This is compounded by the fact the column is almost invisible in the second shot.

The net effect (to me) was that we see her with her hand resting on a column which then "magically" disappeared. As the "What the hell" reaction follows this, I thought that Gerry was reacting to it, too and had to watch again to see exactly what was happening.

And I wasn't sure which god you were crediting at the end!
    Tim

I thought it was a very well thought out and crafted piece. I'm not sure I approve of the fake night time shots but I guess it makes filming easier. Continuity can be troublesome but if Tim had not spotted it I may not have noticed.

To be honest I was to much into the story to look at it critically. So I suppose that says it all.

Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I thought it was a very well thought out and crafted piece. I'm not sure I approve of the fake night time shots but I guess it makes filming easier. Continuity can be troublesome but if Tim had not spotted it I may not have noticed.

To be honest I was to much into the story to look at it critically. So I suppose that says it all.

Well done.
    Night time scene? where are you getting this? ANyways thanks for watching guys.

Also, tim, the column never disappeared it was just a close up, and the pot belly being ridiculous was just the theme we were going for as him being the messenger he should be fit but rather he's rid. fat.

Also i was crediting THE God. lol, but i'm sure you already knew that.
    Last edited by FCRabbath; 06-26-2010 at 01:10 PM.

wow ! very good script, story is not boring, and it "push" you to watch till the end. Acting is good as well. Postproduction is nice, love the colours... Big talent u got there, "Drawn" is great aswell! keep on good work!

one question;
    How did you upload more than 10min clip @ youtube?
    (stupid question I know, but I can upload more then 10min.
    so I had to cut clip @ 2 parts!!!)

The beginning chase scene looked so dark I thought it was supposed to be night time. Oops.

I forgot to say how good I thought the titles are.

Quote Originally Posted by tinmachine88 View Post
    one question;
    How did you upload more than 10min clip @ youtube?
    (stupid question I know, but I can upload more then 10min.
    so I had to cut clip @ 2 parts!!!)
    Not a stupid question at all. Up until May 2010 or so if you were a "Director" account on YouTube you could post longer videos. Now however it's limited to 10 minutes across the board. People that had the ability to do longer videos keep that ability, but everyone else new is stuck with 10 minutes.

I thought Modern Gods was really well done and enjoyable.

hmmm, that's lame from yt
    I am across the board, and I'm not a "director"....
    bad for me hahhaha

tnx kylania!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FCRabbath View Post
    Also, tim, the column never disappeared it was just a close up,
    I didn't say it disappeared, I said it was almost invisible. You have to admit the hand is in a different position and that's what threw me. So, watching the first time I saw a hand on a column followed by a hand in thin air. In fact watching a second, third and subsequent times that's what I see because that's what's in the film. It's a mistake, not a biggie, but a mistake nevertheless. Defending the fact the column is visible doesn't take that away.

and the pot belly being ridiculous was just the theme we were going for as him being the messenger he should be fit but rather he's rid. fat.
    I understood that. It just looked so false. Which is in contrast to the attention to detail you've showed in the rest of the film.

Also i was crediting THE God. lol, but i'm sure you already knew that.
    That'd be the one true god, then. As to which one true god ... maybe that's a discussion for another place, another time. Not here, not now
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    The beginning chase scene looked so dark I thought it was supposed to be night time. Oops.

I forgot to say how good I thought the titles are.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I didn't say it disappeared, I said it was almost invisible. You have to admit the hand is in a different position and that's what threw me. So, watching the first time I saw a hand on a column followed by a hand in thin air. In fact watching a second, third and subsequent times that's what I see because that's what's in the film. It's a mistake, not a biggie, but a mistake nevertheless. Defending the fact the column is visible doesn't take that away.

I understood that. It just looked so false. Which is in contrast to the attention to detail you've showed in the rest of the film.

That'd be the one true god, then. As to which one true god ... maybe that's a discussion for another place, another time. Not here, not now
    Unfortunately i have seen people who actually look like Heremes - no joke. Also - the arm thing. It doesn't look out of place? I keep watching what your talking about? No one else pointed it out and i haven't seen it myself. Regardless thanks for watching guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast