Thread: Moving video around

Question Moving video around

Hi, i'm pretty new to the whole video scene. Looking to start freelance graphics and video work but i'm unsure about how the best way to move around all the data is.

For instance, if someone wants me to make them a video from stuff they've recorded how do i get the video without travelling to them or them travelling to me?

Is there always going to be some form of handing over the content no matter what prject im working on or is there a different way of doing it?

Many thanks,
    Ant

2. Default

If I may ask what is your experience level in producing video?
    Have you filmed with a camera before? if so what did you film?
    Are you willing to spend money for the convenience of getting the data to you?

My experience with producing film so far is not that massive to be honest (hoping to expand though) with my diploma course i produced a short video/slideshow for the 'National Memorial Arboretum' and made a documentary used within my school which included how my course started and how it got to where it is today.

Camera skills: I know all camera basics, know most movements and film in lesson a lot for evidence etc. I don't have much experience though in dollying and stuff like that though as I haven't had chance to use it. I used these camera skills in the documentary i made.

And yes, definitely, if it saves a journey somewhere then id be happy to spend money to make money.

If the size is not massive they could up load it to a file sharing site. If it's to big for that they could mail you a DVD or tape. The fact that you even had to ask this question worries me.

Forgive me for saying this but how are you going to be able to run a business if you can't work out a simple issue like this.

Haha true true, but you don't get answers unless you ask. It's better that i did....thanks for the help

Well I suppose thats true.