Thread: My videos with special effects (fire,thunder)

Default My videos with special effects (fire,thunder)

Hi!

I'm new here at videoforums and I'm not sure about where i should post these threads, so I'm really sorry if this isn't the right place.

[EDIT: Close. Moved to the correct place - Tim]

But my name is David and I discovered After Effects for about 3 months ago and found it really interesting. I do really want some feedback from you guys who can this program better than my and can tell me what I should think about for next time.
    I also want feedback from you guys that just can tell me what you liked and what i can do better.

These are my videos:

My brother is shooting some electric with his hands

A meteor hits a house (Used one picture)

My brother again is shooting fire with his hands

A thief that is surrounded by fire in a house

A title animation for my dads company Lindberg (Yes, the logo is looking like that 'cause they are selling child-clothes)

Thank you!
    Last edited by TimStannard; 06-25-2010 at 02:44 PM.

I don't claim to be better that you, but I don't mind sharing my opinion
    I think the clips demonstrate a good understanding of how to use AE. I suspect the next challenge is to reduce any evidence that special effects were used.

For example, if the meteor clip were shown in the TV news; would viewers beleive that it had actually happened? They might wonder why the smoke plume did not create any shadows on the ground below; or whether it was reasonable for the trajectory not to change as it passed through the sky, or why the building next to the one hit appeared unaffected.
    Similar issues occur with the fire-shooting; whilst the man's face is illuminated by the flame; might the viewer expect the brightness also affect the grass below.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I don't claim to be better that you, but I don't mind sharing my opinion
    I think the clips demonstrate a good understanding of how to use AE. I suspect the next challenge is to reduce any evidence that special effects were used.

For example, if the meteor clip were shown in the TV news; would viewers beleive that it had actually happened? They might wonder why the smoke plume did not create any shadows on the ground below; or whether it was reasonable for the trajectory not to change as it passed through the sky, or why the building next to the one hit appeared unaffected.
    Similar issues occur with the fire-shooting; whilst the man's face is illuminated by the flame; might the viewer expect the brightness also affect the grass below.
    I totally agree with you, the shadow is a problem that I will have to work on, but I dont really know how I will do the shadow.
    And yes, the other house should be affected to, I will think about that next time

I tried to make some brightness on the grass underneath the flames but I didn't like it så I just took it away. But I know that I should have been working on that more cause it would make it more realistic

Thank you anyway, I will remember what you said

I have seen it video that is really superb along with they have done great work it helps i have learned many things.
    -----------------------
    Fire Insurance Claim