Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Name of this effect

  1. Default Name of this effect

    Can anyone please tell me name of this effect? Tutorial also would be nice
    edit: I'm talking about frame.

    at 0:30

  2. Default

    Can you please describe it yourself? because I am not able to see YouTube(it is filtered here)

  3. Default

    This white frame;

  4. Default

    it's blur mask .

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spido View Post
    it's blur mask .
    I'm not talking about blur, i'm talking about frame. How to paint that frame?

  6. #6


    It's called animation. Use a graphics program but I don't know haw you are going to get the numbers moving. If you don't need the numbers to move and just need the rectangle use the cookie cutter with a white border on a duplicate clip above the original and then put a blur on the original. There may be other ways but thats what comes to mind first.

  7. Default

    Any other ideas?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    UK, East Midlands


    Its done using motion graphics

    To do the square you'd have your footage as the background layer. Create a rectangular mask etc...basically make the shape you want and then to animate the numbers to the move randomly. You could either type a load of numbers and then animate them to move between digits in random intervals or do each number individually so each one go fro 1-9 randomly as quick as you like.

  9. #9


    This is the same idea as MidnightBlue outlined, but with different words
    Create a still image containing the white 'border'. Add the image as a track, set it to occur throughout the duration of the clip. Place this track above the track with the cars; then use an effect like luma keying to key out the background colour of the still image.

  10. #10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone here knows how to do this effect?
    By mon3ymotivated in forum Cinematography
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 04:24 PM
  2. Sony Vegas effect: Strange unadjusted effect block
    By MyInfectiousHate in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 11:11 PM
  3. How to do this Effect
    By timzor in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 12:02 PM
  4. is there a rewind effect or a fast forward effect or like
    By Troy Jones in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 06:42 PM
  5. Help with an add-on and or effect??
    By bloodoner in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 05:23 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts