Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie editing help Newbie..plzz help

Default Movie editing help Newbie..plzz help

Hello Everyone i'm new to the Video Editing and stuff and it seems really instersting and fun thing. i have a few questions if u guys dont mind me asking:

1). What is the best Video Editing Software?
    i tried adobe premiere pro.. then i was like wut the hell.. then i tried pinnale which didnt work i kept gettin error wouldn't load the program..then i tried ulead video it was ok but i want something more pro and more effcets. my other question is...

2). How do some ppl do that effect where the music and the video go together like u put a techno song and it like the video moves to the audio sound kinda hard to explain but i hope you guys know wut i mean...and my last question is...

3). i have a analog camercorder that uses USB not DV (Firware) and i tried to make a video but it turned out really crappy the quality and i have money to get a new camcorder is there anything i can do? and i have video making in a month my sis's wedding so if u guys can help me with this things i'd really appericate... oh and 1 last question...

4). How do pro video editors like when u go to party's and the dj play the music it sounds soo RICH in the cameracorder... ?

that all the questions i have i hope u guys can help me.. have a gr8 Presidentional Weekend!

~Dj

Default Re: Movie editing help Newbie..plzz help

Quote Originally Posted by Djmx
    1). What is the best Video Editing Software?
    i tried adobe premiere pro.. then i was like wut the hell.. then i tried pinnale which didnt work i kept gettin error wouldn't load the program..then i tried ulead video it was ok but i want something more pro and more effcets. my other question is...
    Wow, you must have spent a lot there

Try Adobe Premiere Elements. It's full of features to mess around with, and it's reasonably cheap and easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Djmx
    2). How do some ppl do that effect where the music and the video go together like u put a techno song and it like the video moves to the audio sound kinda hard to explain but i hope you guys know wut i mean...and my last question is...
    I'm guessing you mean synchronising the music to the beat? So the scene changes along the time of the beat? Practise. That's all I can say!

3). i have a analog camercorder that uses USB not DV (Firware) and i tried to make a video but it turned out really crappy the quality and i have money to get a new camcorder is there anything i can do? and i have video making in a month my sis's wedding
    What model camcorder is it? USB footage is usually rubbish, and unless you have firewire (also known as i-Link or IEE1394), you're going to be extremely disappointed with the quality. Sorry.

4). How do pro video editors like when u go to party's and the dj play the music it sounds soo RICH in the cameracorder... ?
    Is that even English?

that all the questions i have i hope u guys can help me.. have a gr8 Presidentional Weekend!
    We're mostly from the UK, but thanks for the greeting anyway :-P

You have to understand that video editing (or viditing as I call it) isn't something you can just pick up in a few minutes. You need to put hard work into it if you're going to get anything remotely decent. . Try messing around with Windows Movie Maker first and see what you get. But in all honesty, unless you've got a camera that can output DV, your quality will be a load of rubbish, and you won't be able to do a thing about it. Unless you invest in a decent quality analog convertor.

Anyway, have a good presidential weekend yourself (whatever the hell that means :-P)

Djmx wrote:

I'm guessing you mean synchronising the music to the beat? So the scene changes along the time of the beat? Practise. That's all I can say!
    __________________________________________________ _________

YES THATS EXACLTY WUT I MEAN how do u do the beats that the scene would go with ..?

also bout.. Quote:

Is that even English?
    __________________________________________________ ________
    k wut i mean is when u use a camcorder.. it the sound usally sux ..if it a party but if a pro film editor fixs the sound is soo rich it's like it's like that wut i mean.... and adobe perimer also sux.. i need a program i can learn easily or tutorl or something...

You have a lot to learn, my young padawan

Right, before you start learning how to get the music to sync together to the video, you're gona have to learn the basics.

Have a read through this:

http://desktopvideo.about.com/od/editing/a/whatitis.htm

And don't skip any sections. If you rush through them, you won't understand it. Set aside some time to do it. Like I said, it's not (usually) something that people can pick up on straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thorpe
    You have a lot to learn, my young padawan

Right, before you start learning how to get the music to sync together to the video, you're gona have to learn the basics.

Have a read through this:

http://desktopvideo.about.com/od/editing/a/whatitis.htm

And don't skip any sections. If you rush through them, you won't understand it. Set aside some time to do it. Like I said, it's not (usually) something that people can pick up on straight away.

Hey..lol i have a lot to learn? well... i did make a dvd movie with titles and effects but i guess ur right i need to know more stuff... okay i'll check that out oh hey by the way.. is there any way to make a Analog camera i have a SONY DCR-TRV140 NTSC and i heard i can by Input video card or something that i can use the analog and convert it to DV.... since i dont have the money to get a new Cameracorder...if you can tell me i'ld really appericate it! THx!

yeh i had the same problem, i tried adobe premiere pro and couldn't understand it....i took some tutorials and stuff but still couldn't use it very good. so i now use pinnacle studio 9, its kinda basic but it gets the job done.

sorry, i didn't read ur post properly...so pinnacle studio didn't work but adobe premiere pro did...

well if u can't get pinnacle working try something like vegas, avid xpress pro ($$$pricey) but if u don't have a lot to spend there is a free editing software on the avid website thats supposed to be real good.......

sorry i haven't been much help

can anyone please help me learn more about video editing using softwares and so someone teach me how to synorize the music to the beat... or wutever that thing is.. where the music beats with the video..thx!

~Dj

DJ...

We can only help you so much. It's not a case of "oh you need to do this, here you go".

Pick a software package you want to use, then have a look for books about it. We're more than happy to help, but we're not full time tutors! Help with little things and bits of advice yeah, but we can't tell you everything there is to know.

Mike,

hey i understand.... can you at lest help me pick out a software that is the best any software doesn't matter bout the price. then i'll go from there.. thx!

~Dj

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast