Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dual vga card

Default dual vga card

I want o run two monitors for video editing with Pinnacle but I'm failing to find a dual vga graphics card for pci-e x16.

(I think there's an AGP slot as well.)

Any suggestions?
    Should I go for a card with DVI + VGA and use a converter on one channel ?

Which card ? Under 100 ideally.

Thanks

Blog Entries

There are a few around, but I'm after one which is silent (eg no fan) to replace my GigaByte GeForce 7600 which seems to have gone kaput.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by khblue View Post
    I want o run two monitors for video editing with Pinnacle but I'm failing to find a dual vga graphics card for pci-e x16.

(I think there's an AGP slot as well.)

Any suggestions?
    Should I go for a card with DVI + VGA and use a converter on one channel ?

Which card ? Under 100 ideally.

Thanks
    I have dual monitors while editing in Premiere pro. My graphics card is a Gforce 8800GT with 512mb ram. you can get these pretty cheap now, and im editing in HD, so this should suit you fine.

But I'm running VGA and this is a DVI card. It seems daft to buy two DVI-VGA adapters on top of the price of the card when there must be a graphics card out there that does the job I need it to.

oh I get you. Have a look at the Matrox G450 and G5550. they both have dual outputs. they are no longer for sale, but you will find them on ebay for pennies. My original editing system that I bought from PlanetPC many many moons ago came fitted with a Canopus capture card, and a Matrox G550. it worked a treat with premiere 6.5

But I'm running VGA and this is a DVI card. It seems daft to buy two DVI-VGA adapters on top of the price of the card when there must be a graphics card out there that does the job I need it to.

oops wrong button.

Actually I'm quite confused that many cards that say "twin d-sub" are actually either one D-sub and a DVI or two DVIs.
    Some even say "twin VGA" but are actually DVI plus a molex connector. SO what does that do?
    Baffling!

Like the card, the vgs to dvi adapters are litterally pennies. But if its video editing your doing in SD, this is a great card, I can speak from experience.

Most graphics cards have one vga and one DVI, and the solution to the problem is simply to buy a DVI to VGA adapter.

Should I be going for a more modern card and using converter cables from DVI to VGA?
    What is the 'normal' thing to do to run two VGA monitors ?

Should I be going for a more modern card and using converter cables from DVI to VGA?
    What is the 'normal' thing to do to run two VGA monitors ?
    My 8800GT has a VGA and a DVI output. I run one moitor straight from the VGA, and the other from the DVI via an VGA to DVI adapter. Works a treat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast