Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preview Zipped Motion Block Video (Vegas 9 only)

1. Arrow Preview Zipped Motion Block Video (Vegas 9 only)

There is allways something that shall be a pain in my arse, excluded my butt-crack Vegas have started to hurt also
    This comes with the fact that i updated to Vegas 9.b,
    i cant longer get any preview picture when adding videos in format "Zipped Motion Block Video v.01" to the timeline

i have tested now with both FFdshow and K-lite Mega Codec pack installed on computer, using the deafult install settings but thei arent enough longer

but im not skilled in configurating my codecs, so if you have any advices how to activate Zipped Motion Block in FFdshow im listening

Have tested to increase preview Memory in Vegas 9, but it doesnt help in this case no matter how high

this format previewed in Vegas 8c, with same codec packs installed as now, that i know atleast

by the way ity troubles me a bit that overall the preview-bar for video keeps turning red even in formats like avi, the difference from Motion Block is that thei still preview picture in the media player under this red overlay)

Windows XP SP2, Preview Mb size=all from deafult 450 to 700
    Zipped Motion Block Video codec is installed yes
    Last edited by Kloppstock; 06-25-2010 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppstock View Post
    This comes with the fact that i updated to Vegas 9.b,
    Any reason you haven't updated to 9e?
    Tim

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I was to rushed and confused there, sorry i have Vegas 9c offcorse
    but the conclusion becomes the same yeah, that i should maybe update to e

when you suggest me to have 9e is that a conclusion based on allready existing reports of bugs with this indie codec? or is this ageneraly a recomendation when there are no other ideas?, im not trying to be a smartass with you im just curious in any case im going to test update now, thanks

4. Default

Now i have tested with 9e and it still doesnt preview

pretty disturbing that the preview screen depends on what codec you have installed on the global computer, i need some advices here

5. Default

I can actually get picture in virtualddub32 with my captures, i don't know if that opens something up? cause im not looking so forward to sit and copy "direct stream" back to hard-drive through Virtual dub, my captures are so many and so short one that i need to get the directly working in Vegas

pretty interesting that it can play in virtual dub when i in fact at the moment have no codecs installed, but codec sniper off course indicate that i still have allot of old codecs left with the "status OK"
    It would be interested to know if a new installation of windows XP really look like this in codec sniper

even if thei are "ok" and have no visible configuration tool..perhaps thei still can occupy the precedence-order of using certain file formats?
    and my with purpose installed codecs pack doesn't reach those formats, and that makes Vegas confused? just a theory ..im not expert at this :pppt:
    It would be fun to just perform head shots on all codecs installed? no matter if thei are ok,
    and just start from windows scratch, but i don't know what codecs are windows scratch? so i would probably make a unplayable mess if i empty the codec listing for this computer, right?

Here's how the time-line blackouts

6. Default

*problem solved* updated codec version

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppstock View Post
    *problem solved* updated codec version
    Thanks for updating us.
    Tim

8. Default

Thanks for updating us.
    Now im gotta update us again here

I have windows 7 64-bit now, and Vegas 9e for 64-bit

problems is no longer that the preview are blacked out, im just getting
    the audio track on zip-motion-block ONLY when adding to time line

"ffdshow_rev3562_20100907" installed, with settings that i think are involved..at least know that one of them are

And the zipped motion block codec itself
    ...this time i installed it from within the Dos box directory on the start menu

would anyone know if this codec is even supported by windows 7?
    what can i else test?

(just keep having xvid or divx (i don't know the difference) + zmbv codec
    i don't believe that will fix it...
    it feels like i have tested it in the past + there are other formats that require to be loaded inside Vegas i have to find something to work for everyone..so not either just have zmbv codec on entire computer )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kloppstock; 09-18-2010 at 09:08 PM.

If you use a .avi file the most common one that people have is Windows DV which is installed on all Windows machines. Other common codecs are the mpeg2, wmv, or even .mov for quick time. I don't know if the codec you mention are 64bit or Windows 7 compatible.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 09-20-2010 at 05:46 PM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    If you was a .avi file the most common one that people have is Windows DV which is installed on all Windows machines. Other common codecs are the mpeg2, wmv, or even .mov for quick time. I don't know if the codec you mention are 64bit or Windows 7 compatible.
    Yes ZMB are modified avi's if i understand it correct, avi is its extension

Windows DV...have never heard of it, could be a short cut name?...but i guess i shall have it installed then, dunno if you can config it or anything, obviously DV is not enough for this installation at least

What i find so disturbing is that the ZMB codec even appears installed in video inspector.
    So i would suggest that this codec require some other codec to co-work with? and that codec whatever it is..are obviously not setted correct, or the codec is indeed not compatible with 64, but i would go for the first alternative to exclude it, its just that my knowledge is not on top
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast