Thread: AHH! what do I buy!

1. Default AHH! what do I buy!

Hey guys,

I'm trying to find a DV camera that has everything this camera has:

Canon XH A1 Camcorder - 1080i - 1.67 MP - 20 x optical zoom

Minus the great HD bumper sticker.

I love it's controls but why would I pay for a camera when I will probably never be using the HD feature on it anyway?

So I'm looking for something like the XHA1 but minus the HD feature what camera could I get?

Hope you guys can help,

p.s I'm choosing to avoid a HD camera so I can save money whilst still getting a nice camera for the amateur stuff I am doing.

If you want a nice SD camrea with good features have you looked at a Panasonic DVX100. Also cheap as chips on E-bay, for what your getting.

3. Default

Have you had personal experience with it?

And it seems to be 300 cheaper than I was planning to spend,
    Panasonic AG DVX100 E Camcorder PAL + BAG! dvx on eBay (end time 18-Jul-10 14:47:30 BST)

Yes I've use it and love all the manual switches and settings. I think the sign of a good camera is that there are switches to do things rather than hunting around the menus.

You can get nice SD images BUT remember this camera is not new it's been around for a while but that should not put you off.

The one you found looks good for the price with the extra batteries and a nice bag. Have a read of the reviews about it to see if it is the right camera for you.