Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry blood trailer

Default My dry blood trailer (unofficial)

im working with H79285 to make videos/movies.
    this is just another dry blood trailer that we worked on. I apoligise for any spelling mistakes in the video but this is not the official trailer.

At the moment, we have not started filming, but this is just a quick run down to see what you think of the editing side. If you have any ways that i could improve the trailer then please tell me. once the we have filmed then the official trailer will be put on youtube with film footage. Thanks.
    Last edited by Wylie; 06-23-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Shakes head in disbelief.
    You are taking the mickey, aren't you?

It's a bit like saying "Here's my draft novel, it's not the official draft so I've got some of the letters wrong, but do you like the way they follow each other" and showing us a selection of random letters
    Tim

Wylie, here's a quick and dirty trailer concept. I was bored at work. heh

Let me know what you think.

WOW! Thats amazing! the thing is i dont know where i can get any footage or anything from untill we start filming. Do you know where i can get some? thanks

ok mate, thanks for watching it and telling me how you feel, i do understand what you mean. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylie View Post
    WOW! Thats amazing! the thing is i dont know where i can get any footage or anything from untill we start filming. Do you know where i can get some? thanks
    The footage was taken from the low rez sample clips from the web, mostly just as placeholders since custom footage was not available.

I'm still searching for source of royalty-free and free-to-download quality film clips like that, but they seem hard to find. Most everything is directed towards TV and film use and is therefore priced ridiculously expensive. A friend of mine had suggested HD Video Stock Footage, stock video news footage, BBC Motion Gallery which does have a lot of really great footage, but I'm not gonna spend $150 for 5 seconds of a bus driving by or something. heh

This is a long reply, so don't feel it has to be read

What length film are you planning? Less than 5 mins, between 5 mins and an hour? Or longer?
    I am asking because your website indicates that some of you previous productions are incomplete or abandoned. This may be because you have endured a bad run of misfortunes; or there is something in your planning process which is in error.

I am currently planning a 3 min clip; but even before I even lift up my camera; I am having to arrange a huge amounts of related issues. I am finding that writing a script and finding friends willing to help me (for free) are relatively easy. However, it is taking me a long time to consider where, what and how to film the shots, the props, lighting, clothing and equipment I may need, sound effects and music. I could, of course, avoid this planning; by inviting my friends to my home, give them some beers and then shoot the footage. But, I already know that the results will be very poor; and I would be embarrassed.
    Like yourself, I am an amateur; and I only own a very cheap camera. I expect to film in my house and garden. I do not intend to buy anything and intend to produce it with a zero budget (other than my time and lots of coffee!).

Currently, your aspirations to be known as a film director are similar to earlier generations who fantasised about becoming a train driver or a rock star. Whilst it is true that some talentless individuals fulfil their dreams; for most of us it is a long hard slog.

Like yourself; I also upload clips to YouTube and then ask for comments and suggestions in these Forums. I watched your clip and was unable to find words to describe my reaction. TimStannard has saved me, by kindly pointing out that the clip was not awfully good.

You asked where you could get some footage, to use in a trailer, in advance of your filming schedule. Is this because you don't have a camera yet? Are you able to take stills of some of the props you intend to use; or shots of the locations where the final filming will be done.

Can you tell me what advantages there are in releasing trailers for unmade films? Are you hoping, for example to attract sponsors? Or it is an attempt to whet the appetite of future audiences?

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    This is a long reply, so don't feel it has to be read

What length film are you planning? Less than 5 mins, between 5 mins and an hour? Or longer?
    I am asking because your website indicates that some of you previous productions are incomplete or abandoned. This may be because you have endured a bad run of misfortunes; or there is something in your planning process which is in error.

I am currently planning a 3 min clip; but even before I even lift up my camera; I am having to arrange a huge amounts of related issues. I am finding that writing a script and finding friends willing to help me (for free) are relatively easy. However, it is taking me a long time to consider where, what and how to film the shots, the props, lighting, clothing and equipment I may need, sound effects and music. I could, of course, avoid this planning; by inviting my friends to my home, give them some beers and then shoot the footage. But, I already know that the results will be very poor; and I would be embarrassed.
    Like yourself, I am an amateur; and I only own a very cheap camera. I expect to film in my house and garden. I do not intend to buy anything and intend to produce it with a zero budget (other than my time and lots of coffee!).

Currently, your aspirations to be known as a film director are similar to earlier generations who fantasised about becoming a train driver or a rock star. Whilst it is true that some talentless individuals fulfil their dreams; for most of us it is a long hard slog.

Like yourself; I also upload clips to YouTube and then ask for comments and suggestions in these Forums. I watched your clip and was unable to find words to describe my reaction. TimStannard has saved me, by kindly pointing out that the clip was not awfully good.

You asked where you could get some footage, to use in a trailer, in advance of your filming schedule. Is this because you don't have a camera yet? Are you able to take stills of some of the props you intend to use; or shots of the locations where the final filming will be done.

Can you tell me what advantages there are in releasing trailers for unmade films? Are you hoping, for example to attract sponsors? Or it is an attempt to whet the appetite of future audiences?
    Thanks, yeah at the moment, my camera has broke and a couple of friends have despretly been trying to find th right place and right time to do a bit of filming with there small and cheap camera ( i guess thats good enough).
    some of the films that were ment to be filmed a couple of months ago have been delayed and yes some abandoned. We filmed one movie with th camera before it was broke, but it turned out to be... not so good. Thanks for your reply.

9. Default

Let me give you some advice...(WARNING: long read)

Let's imagine you start pumping out a shedload of content that is substandard, poor, and generally crap.

Then imagine a couple of guys come along and see what you have produced and they deem it crap, poor, substandard.

Now they might come back a 2nd time, some people who are completely bored might come back a 3rd time, But the bottom line is people after experiencing crap won't come back for the same old crap. (would you go to a beach that was absolutely rubbish when there is another beach not far away from the bad one?)

I would say strongly to you STOP what you are doing right now. SHUTDOWN your website KILL your brand name and start over with a clean slate. WAIT unti you are able to deliver a standard that will make people go "WOW! that's amazing!"

Take a look at my youtube channel:

YouTube - bigben654321's Channel

Now I produced a video called "terminator" theme which was the biggest single pile of crap anyone could produce and it got 465 views. I have since produced 3 other really nice little videos that got around 100 each. if I had not put up the Terminator theme video would the score of the good ones be higher?

My point is that if you want to draw people in and keep them in you need to start off with the best you can do. I am not saying you won't make mistakes but THINK several people have been telling you "these trailers are boring they have no footage or anything to them, you should stop until you have footage" yet you have continued to produce these trailers. Any new people drawn to your website or youtube channel will see your latest poor work then see the backlog of poor work and think "there is no point in coming back, this is pointless".

Remember this is all food for thought, and whilst I might come across as harsh I do not mean to offend you. Hopefully you might find something useful in what I have said.

A quote from the Peter Jones website talking about marketing:
    "Marketing is about attracting attention, inciting action. It's about keeping customers and prospects informed, letting people know about what you have to sell and doing so in a way that stands out from your competitors."
    Last edited by bigben654321; 06-26-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigben654321 View Post
    I would say strongly to you STOP what you are doing right now. SHUTDOWN your website KILL your brand name and start over with a clean slate. WAIT unti you are able to deliver a standard that will make people go "WOW! that's amazing!"
    And that beats any of the advice given by the rest of us.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast