Thread: News Report Style video software?

Default News Report Style video software?

For a school project, I need to put together a news style documentary and would like to get some advice on which program to use. I just need the basic effects like being able to put an interviewee's name at the bottom of the screen and those style news effects. I'm also not very video-leet so it would be good if the program was also simple and free to download. And yes, I've read the 'Read this before posting' comparison table on Wikipedia - It was helpful, but I still have a bit of uncertainty...

Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated

For most of what you want Sony Vegas Movie Studio will do the job. If you want spinning world logos etc. You will have to do that in a separate graphics program then bring them into Vegas. Doing things like the lower thirds (the captions at the bottom of the screen) is something Vegas will do with a bit of practise.

You can download it for a 30 day free trial.

Midnight Blue's suggestion would be a good place to start. It's pretty easy to do normal text effects using Movie Studio and if you wanted to have a background that's easy too by importing a transparent image from Photoshop or something. PS even has "lower third" templates as a New File.. option.

Here's an extremely easy demo of a lower third type thing you can do with Movie Studio:

Update: Found some nice News Style templates.
    Last edited by kylania; 06-27-2010 at 07:00 AM. Reason: New templates found!