Thread: Video effects doesn't show up!

Default Video effects doesn't show up!

Hey.
    First of all Im new to these forums, and I will introduce myself properly after returning from my vacation.

Anyway, I have a little problem in sony vegas.
    I can't see any of the applied effects in the preview window, and I've been searching for a solution for several hours now, but without much results.
    some say that it is because my "FX bypassed" is checked, but I can't uncheck it.

here is a screenshot of my vegas:
    Bildr.no

Would be really nice with some help from you guys.

oh, I _CAN_ see the effects I have applied when I render, but I can't see them in the preview window, and clicking on the "split screen" button doesnt work.

thanks, Kristoffer

small edit:
    when I render the clip there is no image.
    Last edited by concetto906; 06-22-2010 at 12:31 AM.

Interesting . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by concetto906 View Post
    I can't see any of the applied effects in the preview window . .
    No niether can I, in as much as I can't see IF you have added FXs or not? You aren't showing if you have actually applied anything. I can't see the "live" FX Plug Chain Icon at the far right hand side of the Event - yeah?

. . some say that it is because my "FX bypassed" is checked, but I can't uncheck it.
    What do you mean you can't uncheck it? That is the default display of the FX Bypass. And we still don't know IF you have added ANY FX at all - yeah?

oh, I _CAN_ see the effects I have applied when I render, but I can't see them in the preview window, and clicking on the "split screen" button doesnt work.
    - Have you made a selecting from the Drop Down menu? Use - "Select All"

small edit:
    when I render the clip there is no image.
    This could be another issue you have "worked" into your workflow. However what are you rendering to? I see you are using Vegas7. Has this been fully registered with SONY? So that you know, some of the rendering options are only available in a fully registered product.

OK, pragmatically, you need to start over and follow the step by step way to apply and Preview the resultant effects. You most definitely have gotten yourself twisted-about by your own approach here.

To assist we need more diagrammatic examples, showing/proving your application of FXs and the way and steps you are presently following. Actually, seriously, just start over and follow the Official ways in which you apply an FX and how you Preview your work. In regard to your "issue", I have Vegas working 100% so there is something at issue with your workflow and, when it comes to rendering (what are you rendering to?) your registration of the product with SONY.

As to the drop down of the FX Bypass do try clicking on the "Select All" option. Now try clicking the "Split Screen View" Icon ON/OFF - what do you see, or, NOT see?

There is one last option you could check - Have you applied any "Mute" Envelope to the Master "Video Bus Track"? That will kill your previewing stone dead!

Okay.
    so, first of all, thanks for helping.
    Secondly, I'm not a newbie when it comes to sony vegas, because I have been using the software for quite a while. Actually since september 2009.

I do know that effects are applied, and the "effect" is some colors I have created using magic bullet looks.

I also render in Windows Media Video, or .wmv.
    I'm using the same rendering settings as allways, and I'm starting to wonder that my problem is somewhere else than the preview window.
    I tried to reset sony vegas' settings to default by holding down Ctrl+shift at startup, but it was still the same thing.

another thing I noticed is that I _can_ view stock footage, but stock footage with effects are black.

thanks for helping

I see you have posted the same question on the Cow Forum, and you appear to be getting the same answer - correct?

OK, have you tried what I suggested and that is to toggle on/off the "ALL" option? Also try switching on and off the FX at the Event Level.

Problem is solved!
    here is how:

I deleted all of my display drivers and components.
    then I downloaded and installed a older version of the drivers. then it worked

oh, I have ATI graphics.

Good for you!