Thread: new to vegas. question about rendering

Default new to vegas. question about rendering

Im doing a slideshow on vegas and i am using high quality photos and text and so on... But my goal is to get the best quality on my sony tv when i play it. My tv is 46 inch wide screen 1080 HD. I will be playing using a DVD on my playstation 3. I dont have a blu ray burner yet. so my question is how can i can a full frame slide show on my wide screen tv. what setting should i use when rendering? thanks

Blog Entries

Does your DVD player have HDMI out or are you limited to standard def? If the latter then MPEG2 DVD template (PAL or NTSC/Standard or Widescreen as necessary)
    If the former, will your DVD player accept various varieties of DATA DVD (as opposed to video DVD) and if so - what types of file will it support?
    Tim

If your using a PS3 for playback you should be able to read data DVDs so simply copying the image files will give you a lossless image. This means not using Vegas for to make a slide show. If this can't be done then I agree that you will have to use an mpeg2 DVD template but I would pump up the bit rate to get the best quality that you can.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian View Post
    I will be playing using a DVD on my playstation 3.
    Since you are using a PS3 for playback you can create a Blu-ray formatted disc and watch in full HD.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabian View Post
    I dont have a blu ray burner yet. so my question is how can i can a full frame slide show on my wide screen tv. what setting should i use when rendering? thanks
    You don't need a Blu-ray burner to create a Blu-ray formatted disc. You can actually format DVD media to the Blu-ray spec using Vegas Pro. Of course, with only 4.7GB of space on DVD media you will only get about 30 minutes of AVCHD but that might be enough. From the Vegas menu use:

Tools | Burn Disc | Blu-ray Disc...

This will create a Blu-ray disc on either Blu-ray or DVD media. This disc will not be readable by your DVD burner once burned. A Blu-ray player will be able to play it. The PS3 will see it as a data disc (unfortunately) but it will let you navigate to the movie file and watch it in full HD.

~jr