Thread: saw a sea eagle meeting a seal...and found the best setting

Default saw a sea eagle meeting a seal...and found the best setting

honest I just got back from Mull (I love it there) and really I saw a sea eagle doing what looked like rock pooling and it came face to face with a seal don't think either of them knew what to do.
    Too far away to take good pictures, but I did film it , its at 5min 24 sec of the my youtube vid.
    So after ages getting frustrated with settings and file types with corel vs2 , I have just got the trial of prox3 and have found the perfect setting...
    save as ...
    HD mp4.

corr thats a bit easier than it used to be and my little film now plays a beaut on the pc and on youtube.

Up close they are HUGE.

al

First let me say I like this piece. I understand you don't have a pro camera but you did do a good job with what you have. I liked the narration, only the beginning were I couldn't hear you above the wind noise was not so good but I like that you tried to include some live sound.

There are some camera and editing issues such as: A tripod would have helped on the more wobbly shots. I would have liked to see you trim some of the clips. There was some jump cuts which is never good, Use a cut away between the similar clips to prevent the jump cuts.

Once again I did like the video and makes me want to visit Mull.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    First let me say I like this piece. I understand you don't have a pro camera but you did do a good job with what you have. I liked the narration, only the beginning were I couldn't hear you above the wind noise was not so good but I like that you tried to include some live sound.

There are some camera and editing issues such as: A tripod would have helped on the more wobbly shots. I would have liked to see you trim some of the clips. There was some jump cuts which is never good, Use a cut away between the similar clips to prevent the jump cuts.

Once again I did like the video and makes me want to visit Mull.
    Thanks for the comments and constructive feedback. By jump cuts you mean jumping straight from one scene to another?
    Wind noise was a real problem... it was pretty windy though..Would you believe it I always use a tripod what I found was that when I was filming the otters for example, they were miles away and I was on 35x zoom and when its like that even touching the record button moves the picture. In fact breathing near the thing causes wobble.
    thanks for watching the vid. preciate it
    al

A jump cut is when one clip ends and the next clip is very similar to the previous one. This creates the impression that the object being filmed suddenly jumps. An example in your video is at 40 seconds when the seals head suddenly points the other way. It looks like dropped frames which I noticed right a the beginning of your video.

I do understand the technical difficulties you had filming at such big zooms. I think you did well. Was that a Velbon tripod ? It looks similar to my DV7000.

Cheers, got you now. Yes its a velbon dv6000 I think. Pretty good actually but the camcorders are sooo light and tiny!
    One discovery I've made is plugging the laptop into the tv. that should make editing a bit better /easier...Save me staring at tiny clips trying to get them in order...
    al