Thread: Looking for someone to create video trailers for our Space game

Default Looking for someone to create video trailers for our Space game

Hello all.

I'm working with a small team on an ambitious multiplayer space game. The front-end for the game is developed in Flash and so the game is playable direct in browser, with no download.

I would like to have professional (or at least not completely amateurish!) video trailers for the game. Here's our initial attempt: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvYhRD5aEOA]YouTube - Cosmic Jack Preview Video with sound FX[/ame] and it misses the mark for so many, many reasons. It's fantastic given it's the first video every produced by our team member that put it together. But, it pales in comparison to what other flash teams are putting together ... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSmvB1yw7HE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - SteamBirds Gameplay Trailer[/ame]

The actual graphics and effect in our game is pretty darn high (totally objective opinion, of course), and we have an amazing musical composer that will match music to anything we put together. But, nobody on the team has any experience with video editing.

So, long story short. We need someone. We probably don't need a "pro", but we need someone with experience, the right tools, and an eye for making dramatic/exciting game videos.

How much should I be looking to pay for a "non-pro" or maybe a semi-pro that might take a haircut to get involved with something like this?

I'd appreciate any input/advice and where to look, how to define the job to keep the costs low, and some ballpark numbers for cost so I can determine if it's even something we can consider.

Thanks!

2. Default

Well, I might be able to produce something for you and all it would cost is a Amazon gift voucher.

My question would be, what is the point of making this flash video game? Are you going to be making money off of it?

I hope we'll be making money with the game ... but it's always a risk and an unknown. The team has collectively put in literally thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dollars into art, animation, server software and some of the programming pieces so there's a pretty high hurdle to get over to just break even.

Amazon voucher or small payment ($100-200) is the range that I'm looking for. If you think you'd be up for it then I'd love to discuss more details via email ... admin at itch dot com.

Thanks!

4. Default

Email sent.