Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New video from Shicehouse

Default New video from Shicehouse

Hi dear community,

after months locked in our production dungeon, chained to the heating tubes I am glad to be back here and present ou new video to you:

Actually it was not plan B or C, but plan D: After we had several story boards tried out (we even spotted the locations) we could not realize them because of a lack of manpower (actors and people who would hold the spotlights). We had a very nice scene in heaven with God and St. Peter, but the time was running out, because the audio material changed the tempo 4 times (98bpm - 92bpm - 96bpm - 98bpm again - 102bpm) and had to be rerecorded over and over again!!!!! So I only had the footage from the band in the gym and the choir in the pub and four days left to cut it. So I decided to do a totally different thing:

I know that a video like ours has technicall nothing to do with our nice forum here. Nonetheless it's fun to watch in my opinion and shows well our deep affinity to british football and music.

So simply enjoy - I hope to be able to present a more "pro-style" thing next time

Love and light from Germany - I hope you're all having a nice World Cup 2010

Obi - The SHICEHOUSE
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 11-18-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Hi guys, nice to hear from you again. As always I love your melodic rock music style. Some incredible clips in there. I don't know about the copyright side of things but I found it enjoyable. I didn't like the dogs clip at the end but perhaps I'm a bit of a sensitive soul.

The great thing about a video like this is that you can watch it again and again because there is so much in it. I see you very kindly showed the England goal keeper fumbling the ball into the back of the net.

I've just noticed that you did get permission from NASA, Warner Bros, Nike, Mars. So you really did some work on that side of things.

Good for you for doing that.

I like that. you got some quality clips off youtube... Works really well only at first I thought the TV might have dissapeared ...

5. Default

Great song, beautifully recorded as usual.
    Very entertaining video with your customary sense of humour.
    Everything you do is to a very high standard & always worth checking out.

So we need to ask you what else do you do with these songs & videos apart from post them here for exposure? And we'd like a straight answer not your usual zany cryptic ones please!

On the face of it our band & yours appear to share common ground, but we never get any further than this forum & You Tube with our songs & videos, & although we have fun doing it all, it's not enough to sustain the effort.
    Today we feel like giving up.

Sarah & Allison

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    ....what else do you do with these songs & videos apart from post them here for exposure? And we'd like a straight answer not your usual zany cryptic ones please!
    Straight answer: We try to push them and mail the links to our friends, who are registered to other boards, no matter if they have something to do with music or filming or not. Our drummer e.g. posted the links in the R.E.M.- , Pearl Jam- , Drummer- , Musicians-Forum our bassist in several football fanclubs and so on.

Further it might be useful to be present on MySpace and facebook (and even twitter) nowadays, where lots of younger people around the world are connected.

But be aware: it takes a lot of online time in front of your pc so you better try to get your friends and fans to help you.

The clicks for your video might be a good basis for negotiations with sponsors (if you are interested in sponsors)
    we never get any further than this forum & You Tube with our songs & videos, & although we have fun doing it all, it's not enough to sustain the effort.
    Today we feel like giving up.

Sarah & Allison
    I really enjoyed your videos and I like your style and music, so DONíT GIVE UP!!!!! The question you must ask yourself is: What do we want from our videos? What do we want for our music? Are we willing to start a musical career? This could mean youíre possibly weeks away from home and play almost every night in pubs and clubs and bars and whatsoever.

Or do you want to make a CD album? Do you want it to be played in the radio? Do you want your videos on TV? Where then? MTV? Or a local thing?

There are many questions to be answered first internally. I believe that, if you have a precise target, you can achieve almost anything. So if you want to become famous, get some sponsors for a CD and for posters and stickers and flyers and make the whole world see your videos via YouTube, MySpace, facebook, twitter and so on: That is my advice instead of giving up

By the way itís a nice hobby too

So be hugged and keep on doing a good job!

Love and regards!

Obi - SHICEHOUSE
    Last edited by ZedsDead; 06-20-2010 at 06:35 PM.

7. Default

Many thanks Obi for all the advice & encouragement.

Sarah & Allison

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I've just noticed that you did get permission from NASA, Warner Bros, Nike, Mars. So you really did some work on that side of things.

Good for you for doing that.
    I see, you did get that one right
    Thank you very much again for watching our new video thing - I really like this community very much and hereby regret that I couldn't be here more often

....at least I did not forget to mention you/us on the credits-roll

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    Many thanks Obi for all the advice & encouragement.

Sarah & Allison
    P.S.:

Quote Originally Posted by ZedsDead View Post
    ....at least I did not forget to mention you/us on the credits-roll
    I did notice that, It was very nice of you guys to do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast