Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sin City Effect?

1. Default Sin City Effect?

Ok so I just got Vegas 9 and I still semi new to video editing and such so I need some help. I watched a tutorial on youtube about the "Sin City" effect and I can so it but i need to know one thing.

I am wanting to have 2 different colors show up but have the rest of the video in black and white. Is there any way to do this or do I need different software?

2. Default

33 views and no one has a comment?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    33 views and no one has a comment?
    Probably because this is one of the most frequently asked questions and there are answers all over the internet. Google "Vegas Sin City effect"
    Tim

4. Default

I can do the effect just fine with one color visible, say red, my problem is i want 2 different colors visible at the same time. Say red and yellow for example.

I'll take a leap, and say 'no'. Because you're telling the software to ignore all colours except the one you pick - say red for example. You could maybe do it twice for different colours, lay one on top of the other, then cut a mask for the 2nd colour, and keyframe any movement. Sounds like an awful lot of work though!!

It is very very possible with VP - no need for masks at all. I did a tutorial on eaxctly this over on the COW site.

Re: 2-3 color : Sony Vegas

Nice Grazie! Does this work with subjects that are moving?

You are very welcome.

I liked doing this tute because apart from the 2-Colour thing, it does direct/signpost other users towards what ELSE is very possible, in terms of layering.

Often VPO is used for straight cuts and X-fades, but when you get busy in deconstructing an image and then layering - woah! - Now try the separate PSD layering back into Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Nice Grazie! Does this work with subjects that are moving?
    Yes, indeed. Nice solid colours that can be scrubbed over, otherwise go to CC and adjust to get more of a defo colour to scrub. I use SONY CC and AAV Colour Lab, which is free.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    I can do the effect just fine with one color visible, say red, my problem is i want 2 different colors visible at the same time. Say red and yellow for example.
    Sincere apologies. I must read all the words before responding. Glad Grazie's come to your rescue though.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast