Thread: How to create text rollover in video

Default How to create text rollover in video

I am a podcaster. I use windows movie maker for making my podcasts. I want to create a wmv file like this. While I read a three page text, i want the text to scroll from bottom to top slowly to sync with my reading. I can record my voice separately through mp3 recorder. Is it possible in Windows Movie Maker. Or should I use different software. Can any one give me guidance.

If I recall correctly you can do that by creating a title. Movie Maker is pretty basic but I think if you paste the text into the program as a (really long!) title you can then choose to get the title (your text) to scroll up or down.
    For the background just choose a color block to run the entire length of the project.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecarr View Post
    If I recall correctly you can do that by creating a title. Movie Maker is pretty basic but I think if you paste the text into the program as a (really long!) title you can then choose to get the title (your text) to scroll up or down.
    For the background just choose a color block to run the entire length of the project.
    thanks for your suggestion. but number of characters are limited in the title of movie maker. I want the scrolling to go like the one in this video Is there any other software, where i can scroll text like this.

Yeah, I had a feeling there might be a limitation.

Most of the consumer level video editing software like Corel VideoStudio. Cyberlink PowerDirector etc will be able to do it for you but I don't know of ant freebie that will.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecarr View Post
    Yeah, I had a feeling there might be a limitation.

Most of the consumer level video editing software like Corel VideoStudio. Cyberlink PowerDirector etc will be able to do it for you but I don't know of ant freebie that will.
    thanks again for your response. Will Ulead VideoStudio 11 may be of any help?