Thread: Weekend Mechanic - How To Jump Start A Car's Battery

Smile Weekend Mechanic - How To Jump Start A Car's Battery

This is a video series called the Weekend Mechanic! This is a how-to video series that will show people a basic step-by-step process on how to maintain, fix and install accessories to a vehicle. With expert video editing! The show is supposed to be serious with a little humor added to it. Meaning that the show mainly is just an overview of how to install something and you would know what work would be required for how to install something. The first video had some humor, but we are trying to make the videos with some lighter humor to be more serious. We try to upload a new video a couple times a month in a season and we just got started. There a few videos uploaded now and here is one of them, there are more on the channel! Let us know what you think and please rate, comment and subscribe!

i am still a beginner so i dont have much critique for you.

i did notice a few spots where the audio was way too loud. and you go from jump starting a ford truck in a parking lot to jump starting something else in a driveway. just something i noticed.

overall, i like the video. good job.

Blog Entries

This didn't have quite the same problem with the intro as your other one in that you tried to make a bit of a story.

However, it was 1.30 before we got to "how to jump start a car". If I was looking for how to jump start a car on the internet, I'd have given up on this vid lomg before. Sorry to sound harsh, but know your audience.
    Tim

Hi,.......... I liked that and the energy in the video very dynamic... I would compare you to apprentices since becuase I am older than you. I like the intro but too long unless you tutorial was 20 minutes in length. I like the tiles and the titles To be honest I thought it was very well put together ther was a jump in the shot at some point. Keep it up I think you are onto something very positive .

Right now down to the technical stuff. Before we start I am A qualified HGV technician so you can't kid me on motor vehicles and have trained a few juniors....so here my cents worth...

I think you should learn a few more things on Mechanics first....and explain clearer if you are going to teach mechanics One thing you didn't make very clear was why you earth the cable onto the engine and not onto the battery neg terminal..I like to know why you think that it should be like that. One other thing you should research carefully and explain about "spiking ECUs" on modern vehicles.

If you remove the cables without providing a load for the alternator the amperage can rise and in quite often spikes the ECU with more than it can handle rendering it useless. We usually put the lights on and a heater and wipers to absorb this or fitting a serge protector also will compensate for the sharp rise in amperage provided by the alternator.

Nice work I really wish I had some of the software you are using...

This is me

Last edited by TFV; 06-14-2010 at 06:16 PM.

very basic checks bit wobbly in places .....just wondering if you kids ever stay still. I like the penny trick and thats good for folk who watch youtube since they seem to be "penny pinchers".. I wish I had the space you guys had I'd use it to its full potential.... but other than the anti freeze visual test which means nothing,........ its well presented. I could see that turn into something good.

Blog Entries

TFV - May I politely request you do not post other vids in a thread started by another user in the User Vids section. Each thread is for discussion of one video only.

(The exception to this might be if you want to post a vide which demonstrates a partivular point with reference to the top post).

Thanks for your co-operation.
    Tim

oh sorry about that.... didi it on another thread too...